Reviews for Forbidden Love
Cher Armstrong chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Aw, Erms, this fic is treally good, contrary to what you told me on AIM! By the way... my profile is ~trishette

Yes, I use the same username on ff.n. Because there ended up being several Tricias.. I was the original, but still... I didn't want a bunch of people with the same name, because I prefer being original, thanks! .
LadyAddie chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
Caraah. This is amazing.

I love it!

You should definately keep going on this one, it's wonderful.

You're an amazing writer, darling!
asgard chapter 1 . 1/23/2005
You took us to the start of things, when Camelot wavered slightly as the page turned. And it was beautiful.
beautifooazn chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
hey i like ur story so far. it has a different twist. please update soon :)
Blue Eyes At Night chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
I Love It! Excellent beautiful perfect...and u know who Nimue is. very big bonus. I love it. Very Very Good.
Loki Mischeif-Maker chapter 1 . 7/17/2004
Wonderful, wonderful way of putting it. I like the way we can feel Guenevere struggle with her emotions, fighting her love for Lancelot with the way she hates betraying Arthur. You really have captured the way it should feel in true Arthurain lore.

A few typos, but just awesome story.

Cheers!
Cheli Forever chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
) I come looking for inspiration, and I find it alright. Very descriptive, amazing imagery.. I could honestly picture it.
Laura chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
As I’ve already told you hon, this is a marvelous story. The subject of Guenivere and Lancelot is one that has been explored in so many ways, but yours is a refreshing take on it. You portray the human side of the Queen; we are able to see her struggle with her emotions and her logical mind.
She hates to betray her husband, and she knows that her choices will affect not only herself but her subjects as well should she be caught. It’s a very mature sentiment, and one I’m very much in awe of. I personally dislike the common portrayal of Gueniver, but you make her far more endearing and I am able to empathize with her situation. She’s just a woman, caught up in things beyond her control. It’s beautiful and tragic.
I would be very interested to see you take on Lancelot’s view of the affair, the way he is shown here he is a fairly flat, focused solely on Gwen. And while that’s understandable, especially since we only see his actions, not hear his thoughts or emotions, I think elaborating on him would add a great deal more depth. Does he feel regret at betraying Arthur? Does he feel shame in violating the trust of his best friend, his comrade, his liege?
As always your prose are impeccable. You have such a beautiful, flowing writing style. It’s so elegant and fits so well with your subject matter. You told me you’ve never written romance before, well I would say you have a knack for it. The tenderness of this scene, coupled with the emotional impact makes a very strong impression. Wonderful job, I look forward to seeing more of your writings.
iHugBunnies chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
Sick and yet It's ok
Allyscribit chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
*eyebrow*
This came from the girl who claims not to write Romance? My dear, I hate to break it to you, but this is Romance at its finest. VERY good!
I love how you give such depth to Gwen's feelings. You do a fantastic paradox between her love for Lance and the guilt she feels for betraying Arthur.
The second and third to last paragraphs are stunning. I adore them with a passion. Especially this line:
"Through three more years of guilty pleasure and scandalous passion, past looking into her husband’s trusting eyes upon his return and knowing that she did not deserve the faith they held."
Absolutely fantastic! This makes Gwen out to be so much more than the uncaring witch that many people portray her as. You are always fantastic, but I think you have found your calling in Camelot tales. I look forward to seeing more of them... even if I have to drag them out of you with a hot poker.
Your adoring fan and sister,
Jen