Reviews for Not What They Seem
transparency93 chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
great last stanza. loved it. :)
secret thoughts revealed chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
so true it aplies to most things thanx 4 the review lol send me your mail adress and we can talk if you want
youzi chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
Interesting piece...really made me go "hmm..."Anyway loved the way you built up to the last line. keep writing D
Engrish chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
I like the fact that you changed "not everyone is what they seem" to "not everyTHING is what they seem" very good. P.S. Thanks for the review.
Duplicate chapter 1 . 2/18/2005
something that not many people would write about...well done
asyousaid chapter 1 . 12/26/2004
I love this, the comparison between Lady Liberty and the Mona Lisa: I don't do politics but there is so much more here: great stuff.
RinaJewelz chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
I love the whole 'air of mystery' thing you have going on in this poem. Its really good.
crybabekrizz chapter 1 . 8/8/2004
omg! this really makes sense! like how a picture.. or a person isn't what or who they seem to be.. like below the surface there's always more. this is so true. i lurv it ;)
DreamNightmare chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
hey i finally got around 2 reviewing u...stupid work...o well...i really like this 1 due 2 the fact its so true. well gotta do sum things...again :(...
DreamNightmare
CT Moore chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
*cheerful grin* Reviews, reviews, lovely reviews! And giving them is at least as much fun as receiving them. *thoughtful* Maybe more... because when giving a review I can ramble on - and on and on and on.
*voice interjects* And most likely annoy the author to death - or, at least, to never wanting to hear from you again.
*scowls* Oh, hush, Alata.
*golden dragon materializes*
Alata: *amused* And you, young one, will tell me to be silent?
*irked* I'm not young. And you're annoying.
Alata: *shakes her head* You are fifteen. That, compared to a four hundred year old dragon, counts as young. *muttering* Which actually may be overestimating her mental age...
*lunges at dragon*
*smacks her*
Alata: *ignores girl and reads poem* This has a nice rhythm to it. Where did you find it?
*gives up attempting to injure dragon* I didn't. It found me.
Alata: *looks at her oddly* *mutters something about needing to talk with J'k'rsae*
*glares at dragon* I'm serious. Someone reviewed. I always check out the pieces of people who review. It's not only courtesy, it's a way to find more good authors.
Alata: *not quite convinced of mental health*
*turns attention back to poem*
I've never seen the Lady of Liberty or the Mona Lisa, only representations. From those I'd agree, the Lady doesn't really seem happy. On the other hand, she looks like she's taking a stand. She will fight to preserve freedom; and she'll hold the torch high. Have you read "We Shall Keep the Faith" by Miss Moina Belle Michael? It's a response to "In Flanders Fields" and I think it captures the Lady's poise perfectly.
Alata: *roll eyes* *waits patiently for end of soliloquy* Finished yet?
*pointedly ignores dragon* Mona Lisa... *shakes head* You know, I'm currently taking an Art Appreciation course... And I still don't see what everyone else does in this painting. You're right, that one doesn't look happy at all.
Alata: *interjects* More as if she's just taken poison.
Perfect analogy.
*silence for a few moments*
Alata: Are those two lines quite true?
Which ones?
Alata: It really contradicts/ What most of us think.
*studies lines*
*rueful sigh*
Unfortunately, yes.
Alata: *shakes head in astonishment*
Oh, stop it, Alatiriel.
I do believe the last two lines are the only ones that could bear with some changing. Right now the words are mixed up; you've got a plural possessive and verb, and a singular noun. I think you might consider changing it to either
"But not all things
Are as they seem"
or to
"But not everything
Is what it seems."
As it is you've got just a little bit of confusion. *bright smile* But I do like the poem!
Alata: As did I - though I would perhaps understand it better were I from this world, and did I know what she was referring to!
*rolls eyes at dragon*
*lunges and jumps on dragon's back before dragon can snag her with claws*
Alata: *laughs* *lifts off*
*gold speck dwindles into distance*
Elerrina Olondil aka Sael'Ka Shadow