Reviews for Imperfect Perfection
FaydedMarionette chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
I remember when i used to be this person you talk about here, feeling this feeling you convey in this poem. And you convey it so well. I love the way you write, you have talent. Using the sentance structure and punctuation to get your point across.
William Ironclad chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
Cool. Awesome. Raw and powerful. I like it a lot. Once again, awesome.
The Great, the Mighty, the Orc King
IcyDevil27 chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
I can't tell you how many times I've felt this way. And somehow after the fact you always feel ridiculous and question why you fell in the first place. Ah, I'm rambling. Awesome, awesome, awesome piece!
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
i love the conflicting title, hehe!
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
I don't know- that's such a frustrating situation.
I don't know if I could make something like this work because these things would jsut dig into me, and maybe I'd think I could change him- but you can't always change people. And if I didn't fight about these thigns all the time or discuss them, I'd feel so suppressed and not myself- like a hypocrite or ... sorry, off-topic rant:)
The first stanza makes him sound heaps worse than he probably is because you get so annoyed at his quirks and ideas, taht you bite back at them with your bracketed comments.
"(I crave attention and worry you hate me)"- and he doesn't even realise that you're so insecure about it- it doesn't even occur to him- "You don't call unless I tell you too"
So by the time I got to the second stanza, I'd forgotten the summary and got kinda a surprise! when you suddenly mention that you want to be with him- that you want to learn about him.
And your brain's telling you that this is insane, but the heart wants what it wants:) And you can't help jumping a little when you hear his name, and you can;'t quite help adoring him..
Ah, such is love- irrational;)
But yeah- coneveyed the whole situation very well; and such a sigh at the ending!