Reviews for America: The Infomercial
Cobster chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
Wow. I just...wow. I've said that before, but not often. I like the beginning, I like the middle, I like the end. What can I say? I think my favorite part is the part about world peace and a new TV...

One question: was the 'new' in the second to last line supposed to be 'now'? That would seem more fitting, although if you like it the way it is, keep it by all means.
theworldisround chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Hey, don't criticize consumer spending. Haha. Actually, if it weren't for the large consumer spending indicators, the world's economy wouldn't be nearly as good as it is today. Consumer spending means everything, but yeah, we're sort of caught up in material things. It won't change though. It's the nature of humanity.
Christabel chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Wow, I loved this. Agree 100% with the point it makes, and it was really well written as well. The imagery was cool. I couldn't say more specifically what was good about it as my eyes hurt, so this is probably pretty useless review wise, but just thought I'd let you know I liked it. My fictionpress id is gingaman, if you wanted you could r&r some of my essays, twould be appreciated... x
Gunnink chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
Great job. It's nice to find someone who's not posting on boards like "dude americas the bests countrie in the world & the foreigners need 2 leave!1" and has an actual critical view. You captured commercial Amercia awesomely, in my opinion; I liked the assonance of the middle lines; it really added to the rhythm of your poem. And you added in world problems, instead of just focusing on "poor wittle America". Nice job.
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Have you ever heard "Fitter Happier" by Radiohead? Anyway, this poem reminded of the line in that song "concerned but powerless." People just don't care about world or domestic problems as long as they're wealthy enough to shop and plese themselves with fake materials. This is a perfect infomercial for the true, plastic America.
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Wow! An excellent poem, very powerful. I really loved the lasts two lines;
And I watch as the tattered flag turns new,
Turns into a crisp, green federal note.
Well done, your poem is remarkably well written. :)
clouded leopard chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
Wow, you can say that again. I loved it, it brought up a great point. Everybody should read this thing, it really makes you think about our society. Bravo!