Reviews for Canticle
the-foresight chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
I was looking for good poems to review and for some reason typed in "canticle" for a search. I consider this a good move as this is a very good sonnet, firstly the rhyming is so subtle that I barely even noticed it, leaving it to lend itself strongly to the rest of the sonnet. As for the content, I found your use of language eloquent and never overbearing.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Very nicely done, -m-
Paste on Smile chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
I know I already discussed this with you one on one but I still wanted to say that you did a very nice job on this poem!
Seeing Starz chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
There's just something about sonnets that makes them a bit intimidating, well maybe it's because of that iambic meter. Anyway, a wonderful sonnet, "ribbons of snow"...
Eirien chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Beautiful. Difficult in places because the diction and rhythm is very dense, packing a lot of information into one line, but I like difficult poetry. The rhyme scheme is kept nicely as well, even if not in all places in the first two quatrains. It does resemble an Elizabethan poem in both form and content and even evokes the atmosphere of an Elizbethan/ Renaissance setting. The images you create are perfectly beautiful. Good job. And it's great to find someone who shares my passion for older literature. ;-)
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
Wow, that was perfect. That could of easily passed as one of Shakespeare's sonnets. You have a lot of talent. Keep writing.
Eralk Fang chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
That is absolutely beautiful. It reminds me of writing from the time of Poe. Absolutely beautiful.
shea's surrender chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
*is in awe*
wow... that was really amazing. REALLY amazing. Wow.
That's really all I can say. Tons of talent.
Oh...
*applaudes* You are the only one to get it right (I'm "sheasrebellion" too). anorexia...though any eating disorder works...thanks for the review!