Reviews for The Allure of Virginity
ATACLC chapter 17 . 11/10/2017
I barely read (just skimmed through), but what is this? You try to allude to this love but this went over the line. I think I need to clean out my eyes right now.

Most children around Lily's age would know about "stranger danger" and other stuff. But Lily doesn't.
DrKR chapter 17 . 2/1/2017
The numerous aggressive, non-specific critiques that attack this writer's moral standing speak more about our culture's discomfort with adult sexual attraction towards children than the author's character. This being said, thanks be to the divine creator that writers such as Ku have the desire and ability to write with such raw, unfiltered force on a hidden, yet, I would guess, somewhat ubiquitous aspect of internal life for many men, if not women as well. To condone it wholesale only contributes to the problem of hiding it, which is to say that many people are relegated to acting out these sexual feelings because, in part, aside from a few movies (e. Woodsman, and Leon: the Professional), and a few books (e.g. Lamb, and Tiger Tiger), there are no cultural/ symbolic venues in which we as a collectivity can express these kinds of erotic affective states of mind, including the effects the behaviors based on these feelings have on us both individually, and culturally.

As for the story itself, I found that numerous implausibilities, along with the writer's naivete, conveyed not a discredit to the author, but a discredit to the narrator. I don't mean this as a criticism. This duality contributed to a surreal, dream-like state which hinted at a psychotic strata within the narrator's psyche, and we see this instability towards reality testing influencing the internal conflicts we see coursing through the narrator's mind. This surreal quality I found to he distinctly haunting, suggesting that the author has indeed tapped into an archetypal layer of our collective, and, for some people, individual psyche. Thank you to the author for pulliing through with this one. I wish there were more writers out there tending to these sexual, controversial, and very human, embers.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2016
This us so fucked up.
I don't think age difference can be an obstacle in a relationship (but moderate difference, not like 40 years apart duh)
But really, the girl is only 9 years old, when you only care about eating sweets within care about your fuckin rotten tooths.
Ugh
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Not cool and most importantly not right.
A 9 year old girl with 18 year old boy? A 9year old doesnt even know wich side is left wich side is right completely.
its even bad to write a fictional story about it.
WhattheFUCK chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
This is an absolute disgrace to the human race. For those morons who say this story is okay because it's fiction, you must be OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND. This story encourages readers that it is okay for an 18 and NINE year old kid to have a relationship.
It's not the age difference that is unsettling about this because many people who are in their 20's (in the real fucking world) do get with people 10 years older than them. But THIS SICK STORY is talking about a NINE YEAR OLD. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE FUCKING LOST IT. There are people commenting others to grow the fuck up and stop reading. Well let me teach you a fucking lesson.
The truth of the matter is, sick shit like this happens all the time so NO, it is NOT OKAY TO WRITE SICK SHIT LIKE THIS AND ENCOURAGE READERS TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A CHILD.
DO YOU think it is ACCEPTABLE for a NINE year old to be INTRODUCED to SEX at HER AGE by a fucking PEDOPHILE? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. If you have a little sibling who is 10 or if you have a CHILD or someone precious to you like that, WOULD YOU WANT THEM TO BE PERFORMING SEXUAL ACTS TO YOUR PHEDOPHILIC NEIGHBOUR?! Remember that JUST BECAUSE THIS IS A STORY, IT DOES NOT MAKE IT OKAY because THIS happens TO A LOT OF YOUNG CHILDREN (who will be forever scarred) AND THIS STORY AND AUTHOR IS ENCOURAGING IT. YOU PEOPLE SAY, ''Oh it's just a story'' BUT THE TRUTH IS WHEN CERTAIN PEOPLE READ THIS SHIT, THEY START TO SEE CHILDREN IN A PEDOPHILE's PERSPECTIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME. And SOONER OR LATER THEY CHOOSE ACT ON IT, THUS ANOTHER PEDOPHILE BEING MADE.
I have read A LOT of disgusting, creepy written stories, but this is by far the worst and the most disturbing. I demand this story to be taken down or at least considered by the people who own this website. Sick shit right here and nothing's been done. There is a limit and this disgusting author has crossed it. Shame on him and the people who encourage it.
Lil' Miss Ravenclaw chapter 17 . 2/22/2013
This was really odd to read. I'll admit it; it's creepy and makes my skin crawl the slightest bit. But I'm just wondering how you had managed to strain yourself through this, and for that, I applaud you.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
When I read the description, I was like that's weird, it can't be like *love* love, it has to be like a sibling sort of love. But reading the first chapter was pretty uncomfortable and the direction it was heading in was uncomfortable so I stopped there. Props to you for being "edgy" and writing on a sensitive topic I suppose but to the people who think it's okay for an 18 year old to like a 9 year old and that they would make a "cute" couple, you are seriously messed up.
intercostalspace chapter 17 . 9/1/2012
what lacks very much in this whole fic is the sense of "urgency" from the characters. they don't seem particularly bothered that girls are missing. say in one scene, he tells the mother that he, together with eddie, has seen mark at dendy during lunch but instead of quickly notifying the police, she decides to take a shower and do the "telling" task tomorrow. WTF is that? the whole fic didn't bore me, i guess it's your storytelling talent, very entertaining overall. i wish you had better romantic stories though, perhaps something the majority could appreciate.
intercostalspace chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
the thing with the hands...it's disgusting. not the licking, but i could just imagine it being sticky and all. EW.
intercostalspace chapter 2 . 8/31/2012
interesting chapters so far. the storytelling is good :)
Sincerely A. Mouse chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
wow...um...this is...alarming. I mean, it scares me how many of the review people are saying the molestation (kissing and touching) of a nine year old girl is cute and amazing...i looked at this story bc i thought it was about an ill minded pedophile seeking HELP with his condition..this brings back buried memories and i feel like this story is saying what happened to little girls like me was ok and should be accepted. In all reality it ruins your life. You know those suicidal teenagers? This is how you get them. By men thinking underage girls are ok to have sexual experiences with. Now saying this i realize i did not have to read this story, but seriously, why? Just why. And by the way you sound...i think youve molested children before. I just dont understand; how can someone do that to a child. I dont mean to be rude but its true. Saying this; your writing ability is good. But the subject is too well known by you to be legal. If you have done this to children, i hope you realize the depths of Hell are reserved for you. But if you just explain the subject well and have never harmed or thought of harming a child i will be the first to apologize for calling you a pedophile. But the evidence doesnt seem promising. Please..dont encourage this type of behavior. -Angel
Warblerette36 chapter 17 . 7/15/2011
Honestly this was better than I thought it would be. It really is amazing x
ahmed chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
amazing, simply amazing.

i was hooked from chapter one and kept reading literally not stop for 6 hours till i reached chapter 17!

i really liked how you kept us interested throughout!

although the last 2 pr 3 chapters needed a bit more work.

nonetheless, its phenomenal!

they really should make this a movie!
G chapter 17 . 12/23/2010
Wow. I want to say, first, that I was very dubious about reading this story at the start. I mean, an 18 year old with a 9 year old? But as I started reading, I found I couldn't stop. Your story is incredibly well written. I came across, maybe, one grammatical error in the whole thing. Not to mention the pacing you did, it was very well spaced out.

I would be very interested to see what might come after this. Will Kevin push things even further? And Lily, I'd like to know what she thought of that kiss.

So, though disturbing at first, I have to say this story was excellently done and definitely worth a review. Good work.

Those of you who flamed this story: I know where you're coming from, but come on. It's not like any of this happened. It's just a story, a very good one. So calm down.
Touzen chapter 17 . 12/5/2010
I can't help but think of this story as some sort of malformed animal. And that's not even an insult! What I mean is, it's disturbing on a base level, but it triggers feelings of sympathy in me and it's even almost endearing in a very sad way. It's horridly fascinating, and it was hard to stop reading.

I think perhaps the key aspect was the voice of the narrator. There's something awkward, sort of surreal about it. And so there was something awkward and surreal about the story. The characters too, added to it a lot. They all creeped me out, but maybe that has something to do with the narrator as well. They didn't have any spectacular amount of depth to them, but I feel like it would've felt out of place if they did. They were perfect for the effect they achieved: surreal.

Anyway, you did a great job with this. Thanks for sharing.
196 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »