Reviews for I sit and stare
Rubyme chapter 1 . 4/11/2006
Just likethe others... I loved it.
David Stephen chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
This was again amazing. Please continue this brilliant work. The way you have used repetition to your advantage, and they way you have used it is great. It is the title, the beginning of each stanza, and the ending. When you have read the last two lines, we realise what the whole poem symbolises...the hopelessnes the protagonist feels. We are really drawn into the poem...the last part is amazing. Brilliant. The icing on the cake. Well done! David
Eirien chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
Wow. A really powerful poem. The whole dreary, desolate scene, the feelings of despair and the uselessness and senselessness of life that lead to the speaker's suicide come across really well. The repetitions add to that, also the concrete details, it is as if one was there oneself, so vividly you paint the whole picture before our eyes (For instance the boys fighting for the penny). My favourite lines are the ones Bleeding Ink has also singled out ih her review, those at the end of the first stanza. Great job, really well done.
Bleeding Ink chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Poverty is very depressing. You can tell how pathetic and pitiful it gets from this line "Two dirty, barefoot boys, Fight, Over naught but a penny" A very restless, despairing tone. I like the line "Each soul behind the shuttered doors, Performing, What once they might have been" I mean, we are creatures with great potential, but when fate is against it seems the only way you can be great is to imagine and dwell on what you could have done with life. I had my doubts about this poem, but it is very excellent.
sirius chatham chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Interesting poem. I like it a lot, it means a lot, I think.
Very nice
sirius chatham
please read and review my stuff too! :)