Reviews for Plastic Blonde and Brainless
Stormie Greye chapter 1 . 8/29/2006
It's sad to know that so many women grow up like this. I can just take a look around my classmates and shake my head. They're not really living, they're letting possessions control them. Very nice. I can tell by all your work that you're very smart and have a good mind. Or at least that's my impresion. :)
Sythiro chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Wow i don't know what else to say! Keep it up! Thanks for reviewing me!
Radical Chic chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
Haha. I actually have The Beauty Myth sitting beside my bed right now. Funny. Your poem is so true and so sad.
RootbeerFloat chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
Wow. TOTALLY awsome, as always. It has that flare to it that only you could give it, and I'm proud. I'm glad you write with your own voice and unique writing style, because if you wrote like everyone else I probably wouldn't appreciate the
Jo chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Oh wow I relate...
DaybreakStorms08 chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Wow, this is great, and powerful. Good point about "starting them young", with all the Barbie-doll toys out there. "Maybe they won't rise up for real", eh? Never considered that. Very good! I'm a feminist at heart , and thanks for reviewing my poems!
ossining chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Yep, it's all about the image...This is just what girls are TAUGHT about when they're little, and the smart ones of us choose to take a different path and maybe we WILL rise up. :)
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
Hmm, a bitter and more assertive poem than your previous "Start 'Em Young". Good nonetheless.
I'm not sure that the majority though, WANT to be all these stereotypical things. They're LED to believe it's how they'll be accepted, which is a sad, sad way to survive.
paranoia999 sorry not logged-in chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
i forgot to mention that, when i was little, the only Barbie doll my mum ever let me have was a black one, and those were extremely rare twn years ago.
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
brilliant.
MaraudersMagelet chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
Wonderful wording. You must be beautiful to be allowed to succeed. For if you are to pretty, you must not have brains to go to far. Your last line just expresses the whole piece: "Maybe they won’t up rise for real"