Reviews for Sleep Sweet Angel
soitisdone chapter 1 . 6/2/2006
I love the pace and mood of this piece, it's perfect, and the first line "Sleep, now, sweet angel" struck a personal chord with me, which I really enjoyed, in a sad, reflective way. Thankyou for inspiring my thoughts.

I would also be really interested in what you thought my poem "Triangular" was about. The metaphor is perfect for what I’m trying to express, I think, but I wasn't sure if the reader would be able to come to the conclusion that was intended, or maybe that was my intention, my mind has a funny way of doing that sometimes. Well, I’m babbling now, so I shalln't go on. Again, thankyou for sharing
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Very warming and full of love. *sobs*..;P...Its a charming and sweet creation.
OneLastEndeavor chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
well, i see that you are possibly going to enter this in a contest. it's beautiful and calming, but that "dreams" poem also has a really good idea/theme thing...hmm...i say you should submit this one. thanks for reviewing.
AngelaSolis chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
I read this one first ... wow you've written a lot ... as you said you were going to enter it in a competition. It's a beautiful poem. The thoughts in it remind me a little of my poem 'Lullaby'. I'll read more of yours when I have time. Thank you for sharing too ... yes it takes courage to write openly about all the dark stuff that goes on in our minds.
Different Definitions Of Storm chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Personally I prefer this to 'Dreams'. Maybe it's just me.

I like way you repeated certain phrases- it reminds us you're talking to someone. There is some good imagery here,a nd good choice of words, but it seems a little too long to me.

Still nice. )
sweetxinsincerity chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
this is beautiful, i would suggest u submit this one for the contest instead of 'dreams', even though they are both very good.
Aislynne Feronia chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
This poem is... moving. When I read it, the image of a baby sleeping peacefully and the images of war and violence contrasted amazingly in my mind. It's a great piece!
autumnwood chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Hey, I just read this poem and 'dreams' and I must say that this poem really charmed me. 'Dreams' was nice too, but this- this is beautiful._
youzi chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
I did not like the rhythm of 'Of war, of sorrowOf pain, of sufferingOf torture, of tears' it's a bit cliched...er..the line'Filled with more test' also broke the flow a little. Otherwise, good piece. Hope this helps. Keep writing and good luck!
Kella Trams chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
I need to read the other one you are thinking of entering into a contest so I can decide which I like better. I think it's pretty and the the words are beautiful. The only word I do not like is "test". That might be because I'm a student so hearing the word "test" makes me go blah automatically. But it just seems like a very out of place word compared to the rest of them. I'm off to read the other poem. Good work!
WannaBWriter chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
i loved your poem! its something that everyone wants: to sleep and live their dreams forever for in dreams you can feel no pain. you're poem was really good and you have great deals of talent! keep on writing! and thanks for your review!
lordelfy chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
it is a really good poem...but it isnt that strong...i am not trying to be mean or anyhting..but tha is what i think...but it is still a really good poem
Rosie McGartner chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
I really like it and think it would be a good one to enter! it is very moving!

-Rosie
katmufla chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
*line 3 "test" should be "tests"? *line 10 "somewhere truly equal" doesn't really seem to fit/make sense...what's it equal to? o, line 7 from the bottom...you could trade that "really" with the "truly" from line 10...that sounds better to me:D maybe find a synonym for true...you use that alot. this is great! anyway, out of the two poems "dreams" and this one, i'd pick this one. i really liked it. great writing. thanks again for the reviews.
dream to makebelieve chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
I like this one... it's very peaceful... the speaker seems like a mother figure or maybe someone in love witht he person the poem is directed to. It made me think of just watching someone you love lying piecedully watchign hem as they dream ..wondering if htey are thinking of you and hoping for a better tomorrow.