Reviews for Start 'em Young
myheartiswaypastbeating chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Kids these day...seriouslt though you are so right more and more beauty is the only thing we are concerned about. caliorbust
Tutube chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Great poem. Yes, i also think this is quite true. . . and that's not all "we start 'em young" on. . . children are being introduced to violence and sexuality content earlier and earlier. . . in video games, music videos, on the internet. . . _ i was watching this news report on that sort of thing. . . it was kind of disturbing that a 12 year old knew what "giving head" was, and had a webpage/blog which featured sexy pictures. . . *shudders*
Melokia chapter 1 . 1/30/2005
Amen! I can't stand the way so many girls think about nothing but their looks. I like to think that, while I admit that it is something I think about, I have more going for me and more to concern me than my looks.
ossining chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
I really like this. It's so true...I'm like, why are the little girl's clothes trampier than those in the juniors section? That's just wrong. And, yeah, this is on my "In Spirit Fave Stories" list. Hehe.
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
It must have been alarming for generations earlier than our own to have witnessed the rapid decline of Childhood. I myself am appalled by the rate at which children are forced - by our own society, no less - to grow up.
The Suffragettes campaigned for intellectual and sexual freedom; in a way, they did campaign for these pretty little living dolls.
I don't know much about what high school life in America is truly like, but here in Britain, those who grow up too fast outwardly, think later on - or never at all.
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Very true. I hate seeing little children in bikinis and mini skirts. It's appalling; the suffragette movement didn't really do anything if the right to vote is here but all the girls are now brought up thinking their job is to look pretty and cook.
MaraudersMagelet chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
Finally some one else sees it the way I do! I enjoy looking nice, but I cannot stand the idea of looking good just for men. And you are right, we are started off young. Must be skinny, nice hair, plenty of make-up, tight clothing...wonderful piece.
Misha34 chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
i think this is so true! very good job!