Reviews for Candles
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Though not an animist or a believer that the inanimate can intercede in our lives, I think our fascination with fire is rooted deep in our beings. Promethean if you will. And, despite disavowing voodoo and other forms of atavistic pleas to uncaring forces, I still light votive candles and pray for peace. m
Firevibe the Red chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Very, very nice poem. I'm a big fan of free-verse!
Cheers,
Firevibe
killinglights chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
This poem really reminded me of a piece by Amy Brown called Candle Crown. Not sure why.. maybe it's the candle thing. I really liked the symbolism and imagery.
WarriorHeart chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
I love your points of perspective.
Jacqueline Howcis chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
I have this avid fascination with candles and flames, really nice poem. Me like-y
Jac x
Please feel free to check out my work, in fact please do :)
Mormon Princess 1 chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
INTERESTINGLY NICE!
E.J. Wedge chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
WOW! very deep poem! and about a candle! you are one talented writer mes thinks! _
Dystorque chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
I like this - candles do seem alive sometimes.
singingspeechless chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
this was so awesome! totally going on my list of favs. i especially like the lines: "Isn't that sad? The death of a drop." I loved ur use of imagery. Great job.
Laura Barton chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
Interesting. I liked it. It was definately different and I think that's what's good about it. Good choice of words as well.
Post Apocalyptic chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
Very nice. Sort of...winding and whispy, in a very good way. I like it. It has good images and is well written. Good job.
Valerie
Athena's girl chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
whao!
too kwel!
i like how you put your idea up simply, without too many words.
way to go!
x LauraLee chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
Whoa. Really amazing. I never knew I'd be moved by a poem about candles!
Well - I have a new poem up (finally) so if you could, r&r? Thanks!
Seeing Starz chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
All that...about candles...wow, I loved the wording at the beginning of the piece, but candles, I would have never thought of it.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
hm interesting... I like it a lot... how you make it evil and not evil