Reviews for Leviticus Said So
S.S.Harry chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
hm, that's very interesting
Hana-chan chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
coming from a strong Christian...I completely agree. The coomercials that air now for the UCC(united church of christ)give MY feelings about religion.
Sises chapter 1 . 1/19/2005
I really like it.

-Sises
Laura Barton chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
You made some very interesting points in truth,I thought I'd read it because you said 'may offend strong Christians'.Me,being a Christian,was curious about this.I was not offended in anyway by this and think it is well written and, like I said, has some very interesting points. Good job.
A-Whimsical-Freak chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Too true. But you are misquoting in a lot of places. Of course, it makes a point, so I'm going to ignore it.
Skaprunk chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
hell yea
Delete This Account Please Tha chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
Okay i'm Catholic too and heres what i think.
Yes i am Anti-Gay, no i do not hate people who ARE gay, i hate them for BEING Gay. And rashes the bible means that if you curse God and get a rash that deosn't heal then your unclean but if you love god and get a rash God will heal you and your not unclean. Sex in the bible is only right in marrige it's wrongfull to have sex out of marrige. Ah...witchcraft i'm still sruggling with that one. I'm a Charmed fan so that's one i can't answer the best thing i can come up with is that if you use Magic to help people it's fine but if you use it for personal gain, then you should be burned.
greenbanana chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
Once again, godhatesshrimp. It's from the same part of the bible you're talking about... Great poem. SHowed strong emotion and it flowed well.
MichaelandHarry chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
This is the best thing I've ever read... you rule
PinkLamb chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
I'm not really familiar with the bible, at all. So, I'm not totally sure what you're talking about, sorry. But I do like reading alot of different people's opinions on religion, cause I don't have a formed opinion. What am I saying? I liked it, cause I like to learn about what people think. Is that right? I think so. I'll stop now, good work.
PinkyCD
Gunnink chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
I've heard this, too. Book of Leviticus *is* in Old Testament, and I heard that Jesus banished that law when he came to Earth . . . Anyway, I agree with your viewpoint on this: you can't pick and choose parts of the Bible to believe. I believe what Jesus said: love your neighbor and love God, and you'll be perfectly fine. Old Testament bad laws but good old Bible stories. New Testament Jesus' life and teachings ( but they do leave out 18 years . . .). Sorry if I'm driveling on; the point is, good poem.
suzieque chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
Leviticus is the most difficult book in the Bible to read. Well its up there with Revelation anyway. Leviticus is the book of "Rules". Sometimes I wonder if God gave all these rules to prove how hard it would be for us to keep all the rules. He knew that in the long run we would need a savior.
Religion is about keeping the rules. But God is about grace.
To counter balance Leviticus you really should read the book of Galations and you will understand what it means to live under God's grace.
You said the gay issue wasn't in the new testemant? Have you read Romans chapter I?
Karma Fish chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
Well-said. Christianity has moved away from the actual teachings of Jesus, at least in practice. I'd like to say, though, that there are a good many Christians who do NOT follow Leviticus, who are actually pro-gay or gay themselves. It's not an "anti-gay" religion, just the fundamentalists who take everything to the extreme.
Anyway, you made a very good point. You write about religion very well.
Phoenix Ignition chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
First of all, this doesn't offend me. I think it's actually quite interesting.
Most of the rules in Leviticus are outdated. Now, when I say this, people usually say something like "But I thought God doesn't change" (And they usually say it with an attitude). But what it is is that most of those rules were to a certain group of people during a certain time (i.e the beginning of the world).
This one person recently said something very interesting about Leviticus. They said there are only two things that God said were 'detestable'. One of them was homosexuality (18:22). The other might be bestiality, but I don't remember. But what it means is that -that- is the nature of God. That God -never- condones homosexuality. The stuff about discharge was only for a certain situation.
And Marriage actually isn't really a right. The reason gays aren't allowed to marry isn't because they are lesser; it's because their method of marrying requires homosexuality. You can't really say that's unloving.
To sum it up, people who rely on the Old Testament to back up their arguments probably don't know the NT very well; it mentions every law that's still valid.
ShadowGal chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
You have no idea to know how glad I am that I'm not the only one around asking this. I even wrote down some of the lesser-known parts of Leviticus and carried them with me. Every time somebody brought up the Leveticus anti-gay arguments, I'd bring up *my* arguments. It got a lot of people really, really angry at me, but... Oh well! Nice job.