Reviews for If it's not
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
Hmm...kinda makes you wonder...
Trav chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
deep... real deep!
Matryoshka chapter 1 . 1/29/2005
Thank you! My thoughts exactly! All the stuff we hear in the media about "terrorists", the whole "fear" thing-though "terrorists" may be partially responsible for some things (i.e. September 11) but seriously, some of the stuff in the media only seems to be a way for the government to control people. I really like your analogy of the "terrorist" threat to the "Communist" threat-remember all those bomb shelters, all those "drills"? And though perhaps there was an "enemy", it seems the propaganda effect was really what the governments were after.
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 7/28/2004
i really liked the line:
Who will destroy earth first
The invisible enemy or the propaganda
that completely conveyed your point about the not-so-threatening-invisible-enemy who has yet to strike, or the way we are tearing ourselves apart without the enemy just due to fear of a non-threatening-paranoia-enemy
J. Harper Green chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
I really like this. You're completely right. I don't know if you've read this, but it brought the book 1984 to mind.
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 7/23/2004
Weapons of mass destruction are as much as a fallacy as the Domino Effect. Is the righteous superiors whom we elect who believe this though, munfortunately. This poem conveyed this message very well; communists posed no direct threat, as the terrorists don't either. Frankly, it seems as if we're more of the threat than the "threat." The repetition was catchy, and the strong imagery made and questioning made the poem great.