Reviews for Embalmed Elation
fascinating
CrazyDelusional chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
:D
psyckalla chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
wow, that was ... good. actually, great, but the necrophilia was unnerving. not really, it was that his wife indulged in his fantasies and that his assistant knew (or at least suspected) about what he did, yet still kissed him. the word is either morgue or mortuary (probably the latter, it was on the tip of my tongue). cause of death is determined at a hospital, and then the body is delivered to the morgue or mortuary where it is either cremated or delivered to where it will be buried. Though, some places have a special room designed for viewing of the body since the practise of having the body viewed in the living room is no longer in practice (many prefer it because the rooms specially designed for viewing of the body are lavish and everything looks beautiful for the last time the body will be seen on earth - something i don't understand, since you're dead). omg, sorry for the lesson, i'm a virgo and like to impart information (in other words, i'm weird and have a mind that wanders easily). It really was great (more okay with the wife and assistant thing now).
Lisette Jester chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
You said her hair was blonde before but now it's black at the end.
And it wouldn't even be misconstued as suicide if the hearts of the elderly gentleman were missing.
I'm not sure if there's significance in the dwarves being dead, or in her having children, but since you're basically re-writing Snow White for the furture you might want to trim out those details.
The ending was rather dry. It seemed lack luster, like you just tacked it on to have an ending. I also have no idea why he would kill her just because she was 'dead'. It seems like he might want to learn more about that. I've been told that forldihide can cause hallucinations, but if that's the effect you were going for you might want to have him drink more and.. figure out if those sources were right.
Generally, I like the story. If it only took you three weeks like you said, good job. I wrote the story that you reviewed earlier in less than two hours partly to amuse my friend Psykalla and partly to see if I could do it. That's probably why it seemed rushed, it's not really been tweaked yet. But my repeating of the colors was intentional. They had a symbolic value that I didn't want to obscure by varying shades of color. If you care for a more fully developed sex story ( I read in your profile you liked them) I'd be most honored if you would put some nails into the crusifix that is "writer's block" and gave it a look see. It's my first hetro.
Anyways, thanks for the interesting veiw on Snow White, and thanks for reviewing my story.
Chasing Rabbits chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Thanks for replying to my story. I really enjoyed this one. I love all things about the dead (considering I grew up with family in te funeral business). Also I'm a fan of what I like to call "Fucked Up Fairy Tales", and this one certainly takes the cake. Very original, and vampiricly sexy. Good job, I'll be looking forward to reading more of your stuff. I'll be doing more Fucked Up Fairy tales myself, although this one is certainly the best I've read yet.
scary miss mary chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Hey, thanks for the review!
Wow, this is brilliant. Very dark, but also quite poignent. I love twisted fairytales.
GhettoDandy chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
Now that is a story ) *claps* that really is fuck1ng good. I love how you portrayed the girl. You have a way of writing which can personify innocence completely. I also, ADORE your black comedy which is strewn throughout, "it must be an acquired taste". Immensely humourous. You wouldn't happen to be british, would you? This is seriously good stuff, I couldn't stop reading ) Well done. Craig xx
IcyDevil27 chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
Wow! Now that definitely was a different spin on an old tale. I liked it, it was awesome.
revertedautumn chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
*wide eyes*
sexy yet dark.
I knew you had it in you.
I really liked it.
_
AlphaNoodle chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
I am slightly sickened, but amazed at the ending of it. Great idea to begin with as well. Good job