Reviews for Close Encounters, Inc
silentscream4luv chapter 24 . 12/7/2009
I liked it, great plot, but seemed a little rushed a the end. Still great.
blurrylights chapter 24 . 12/5/2009
I absolutely adored this story...it was so sweet, and I enjoyed the characters. Their interactions, while not always totally plausible, conveyed a good amount of emotion. I kind of felt like I wanted to be their friends. :)

I also loved how you had minimal grammar mistakes...that's a pet peeve of mine, and it would have taken away so much from the story. I always congratulate authors on this site who can actually write using proper grammar, because so many can't. :)

Anyway, it was a gorgeous piece, and definitely one I will go back and read on boring rainy days. Great job!
sappyromancelvr chapter 24 . 11/13/2009
one word.

amazing.

melaniedreams chapter 24 . 11/3/2009
it was cool, i really love it. please keep going you are talented and it was creative ! you win a fan .
So.Who.Will.Call.Me.Beautiful chapter 24 . 9/13/2009
-squeals- AW! THAT WAS SO CUTE! Though it's depressing how much I thrive on romance stories to keep me from boredom this was by-far THE best story I have read yet...and no I do not say that to everyone (just some) ...JOKING. so ANYways yea definitely going on me favorits list.
renegade01 chapter 24 . 9/8/2009
aww...cute ending.
AndItMovesUsAll chapter 24 . 7/27/2009
That was a cute story and the whole fashion/presentation guru thing was a really cool, especially to do in college.

I like how they're relationship progressed and troy was really sexy as a character. Also their relationship was...realistic, as in, i understood it completely and really felt all of the emotions involved. I would have liked to see more character development though, and only other problem i had was when she was almost raped- troy was really angry at her when it wasnt her fault and i thought he should have been consoling her, and i can understand him being irrationally angry being her feared for her safety but she seemed to think it was her fault as well and that she had to apoligise, which i didnt understand.
AsianFlipGurl chapter 24 . 7/26/2009
DAMN. I should have been here when this story was being published. Great story :D
Bluecoco100 chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
wow i love this, its amazing!
Hail chapter 24 . 7/5/2009
A fabulous well written piece.
PowerToThePinguins chapter 24 . 7/4/2009
Hey,

Congratulations on finishing your story for the first time. It turned out great! I really (!) enjoyed it.

I really think you reinvented some clich├ęs, by writing them differently or try a new aftermath of the situation. For instance, the "drug the main character": Alyssa, instead of falling in love with her hero Troy, argues with him, confused with the situation, just like Troy, who feels used, because Alyssa flirted with him when she was drugged. I thought it was a smart move: the tension built again. Plus, they both had reasons to fight. I've read many stories where fights suddenly ensued without a reason. Except when you left some mystery, I could understand the motivation of the characters and that showed you know what you're doing.

I also loved the makeovers and the encounters. The fact that the three held on to their clients for two weeks gave the story speed and also multiple plotlines. I liked that!

But some of the subplots weren't finished when the story ended... I understand that some people in life just fade away, but, for example, what happened to Nicole? We all know both Alyssa and Troy got rid of her, but how did Troy manage that? Sure, Alyssa said he dropped her like all his girls, but how? And isn't she a little bit too persistent to stop seeing him after that?

Besides that the story was fun to read, the characters were amiable and it was well written. Thank you!

Love, Tess (powertothepinguins)
Lexgendary chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Hello again!

I just want to drop by and inform you that I nominated this story for Best Chemistry between Troy & Alyssa in SKOW. Hopefully others feel the same so that you could grab that top spot, but I think winning doesn't matter. I just want more people to know of your story, that's my ultimate plan!

Phoenix Kiss review was excellent, don't you just love it when readers go into depth of his or her feelings and thoughts about your story? I love reading it myself even though I'm not even the writer ahaha However, I do agree with her.

We desperately need more of this story D

Hope you are still rocking your world and take care!

Warmly,

M
Phoenix Kiss chapter 24 . 6/23/2009
Hi!

I just wanted to say that I am an absolutely HUGE fan of this story-I might have even reviewed it about 3-4 years ago, when I first read it. Years later, I read it again and I still absolutely adore it. The dialogue is extremely catchy, and not at all corny-especially between Alyssa, Terry, and Hayley, and between Alyssa and Troy. And Alyssa and Troy! You can certainly feel the chemistry between the two of them. That is always, always, a big plus.

However (and a 'however' is not always a bad thing!), I would like to add in some constructive criticism that three years worth of maturity has given me:

1. Nicole: I understand that her character was primarily just a tool in order to get the plot going, but it was clear to see that you primarily saw her as just that: a tool. In order to better shape your story, and make it more believable, Nicole should be more of a person and not just a plot device. As the story progressed, she grew to be a dislikable character because she seemed two-dimensional. Appeal more toward her human side. Certainly, there is more to her than just a psychotic person obsessed over Troy, yes?

Therefore, when Troy would ultimately dump Nicole for Alyssa (yes!), it would add an even greater depth to their story. As it is now, Troy's decision is basically fixed and predictable: would anyone in their right minds pick psychotic, single-minded Nicole over an intelligent, witty Alyssa? I didn't think so. If Nicole were to be more than just an oogling fan, then Troy's decision would just be much more intricate. How much sweeter and more romantic would if be if Troy still chose Alyssa? He would be aware of Nicole's better qualities-but nevertheless pick Alyssa for the chemistry, for the connection he has with her, and etc.

Oh, and you gotta love the angst, the turmoil, and the tension that you could write about.

2. The ending: There are a lot of loose ends that were still not tied up. Not that there necessarily has to be a happy ending with all of these sideplots, but they should at least be addressed. Maybe an epilogue, of sorts, could address this. What happened of Alyssa's family? When she left her brother and sister at Christmas, her siblings were still in the middle of this mess. What will happen of the makeovers, the matchmaking, that Terry, Hayley, and Alyssa do? Oh, and don't forget about Troy and Alyssa. Did she finally learn how to stop pushing him away? Yes, they confessed their love to each other, but now that they are finally together, what are they like as a couple?

You've filled this story with beautiful, witty dialogue and interaction between Troy and Alyssa. I loved the extra edited chapters that you have added between them. You've built up a lot of tension between them. Then, at the end, at the matchmaking scene (that was witty-Alyssa eventually became the victim of her own invention), I was somehow left feeling as if it was not enough. The clever exchange of banter was not there. What happened to the chemistry between our favorite couple? There was still so much more elements to the story that I feel as though they were not closed up.

Anyway, as far as criticism goes, that's really all I have to say. I would also like to add that I've read and re-read this story so many times, and is probably the only story on fictionpress that I have gone back to so many times. I've found your story again through the SKOW website-oh, congratulations, congratulations, I sincerely do hope that you win. I will be voting for you! (By the way, you wrote in an author's note that you weren't too sure about your writing in the kissing bits between Alyssa and Troy-girl, if you thought those scenes were too corny and terrible, why did you get nominated for best kiss?) I hope that my review to you helped, I hope it made sense, I hope that you at least considered it, and that I wasn't being offensive to you.

Cheers!
Stalin's Wenis Guard chapter 24 . 6/5/2009
You've done a great job here, but the scene at the end needed to be a little more romantic. The love wasn't strong enough.

And(this is just personal preference) the characters were a bit shallow for me. They helped people with their appearances. I don't even know what tapered jeans are. For all I know I could own them and wear them everyday. I personally do not believe in dressing up for fashion, but for comfort. So all through the story i actually liked Troy and hated Alyssa. Weird, but oftentimes I do not like the main characters, sometimes in my own stories(i have an alternate account, this is my private one that my friend doesn't know about).

But great job overa;ll with the personofication and other things used. blah blah blah I feel like i'm rambling. I'll just shut up now.
Lexgendary chapter 24 . 5/29/2009
Hello,

Let me begin this review with a big thank you for all your effort and creativity. This story was excellent in every way. I loved reading it, every bit. The plot slowly reveal itself in a good pace, characters are realistic and of course the interrelationships between them was superb.

The idea of having a trio "make-over" business is great, I love it! Alyssa's character in the story is so easy to like so I can't blame Troy for digging her. She is someone who I would personally want for a friend D

Another factor that I love about your story is how everything gradually unfolds. Alyssa and Troy's feelings, their unmistakable chemistry-its all there hauling me into their world. Makes me want to know them more, be a part of their story and be their friend. Wow, I know I'm sad huh?

The best scene is the Twister game. Now how hot is that part? Playing half-naked with gorgeous people like Troy and Alyssa, I wouldn't mind going bald a day for it!

What left me disappointed at the end were the following:

1. More romantic and sweet scene between Troy and Alyssa, I'm not getting enough of their love for one another. I simply just want more of them, period.

2. The story was in Alyssa's point of view, through it all I was biting my fingers, pulling my hair-all because I want to know what Troy is thinking and feeling too. It made me so edgy!

Thus this lead me to something. I am begging, really, on my knees and everything. Could you please write a spin-off Close Encounter in Troy's point of view? It doesn't even have to be as long but I feel the need to get to know him. I don't think we completely know Troy yet.

Please consider this. I don't want to nag or force you because that's just not cool hahaha but yes, if you could please consider and if ever you do have a spark of inspiration for Troy then by all means feel free to enlighten us!

Okay, this is the longest review I've ever given anyone. I'm terribly sorry for writing too much. I'll end it now with a last note:

Thank you very much for bringing a smile in my day and taking me into your world. I thoroughly enjoyed the journey of your story and the people in it.

See you around!