Reviews for CloseMinded Homophobes
ValkyrieRavenfeather chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
I strongly disagree with your statements in your review to me. I say, let the HOMOSEXUALS decide what's offensive and what's not, not the straight people. If you were black and I was using the word "nigger" or even "African-American" in an offensive way, you would be on my back.

I have heard kids use African-American, Jewish, and even Japanese in place of stupid-it's not ending with the gays. It would be incredibly offensive to use those words in class in front of teachers, but "that's gay" and "you're a faggot" slips through the cracks.

Do you have to sit every day and listen to jokes being made about a group of people you're a part of, and no one knows it? Let me give you another example, aside from the gays. My friend Ariel was sitting in Geometry one day, and the teacher announced, "I can deal with the rest of them, but I just can't STAND the Mormons. They're so stupid!" Ariel is a Mormon, and she was forced to listen to a ten-minute long rant by all of the students about how stupid Mormons were, aided along by the teacher.

How the hell do you think it makes me feel to hear every day, "John pissed me off this morning-he's such a faggot" or the all-too-common "Your dad won't let you stay out past twelve? That's so gay!" and knowing that if you openly admitted you were one of the people they're talking about, you would be beaten up? Recently, a gay man in my neighborhood was murdered in a hate crime.

Speak for yourself, not for me, when you say "gay" is a slang term. "That's Jewish" is also very popular, so why don't you use that instead? What's that? You can't, because it would make the Jewish writers on this site angry? You didn't seem to mind pissing me off!

And as for having a bad week, do you think I give a damn how your week has gone? Let me fill you in on what I've done this week: I held my favorite cat down while he was put to sleep after watching him suffer through cancer for eight months, I found out my best friend was air-lifted to the hospital after a head-on collision, I flunked a chemistry test when I have gotten straight A's all my life aside from an occasional B or C in math, and I'm dealing with a father who refuses to believe that I am truly attracted to girls. I never said you were a hick, I said you were a moron and a homophobe, and anyone who uses "gay" as a deragatory term is a homophobe in my book. Think before you use it; I'm working on cutting "retarded" out of my vocabulary. The least you can do is stop using that word in such a manner.
Lakona chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Well said, people are too petty these days, especally with things that they have no understanding about. Whats sad is that the mainstream hicks are pathetic and they dont even see it.

Defenatly well said, if only we all saw it.

Lakona
ossining chapter 1 . 2/25/2005
Hey, I finally got around to reading this and I have to say I couldn't agree more. I'm having issues with someone like that at the moment (my roommate, how nice) so I can understand your rage. How I would just love to tell her off sometimes for being fucking self-righteous...Anyways, off-topic. Yeah! Go man!
GhostHelwig chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
...right on, man. I totally understand your rage, and you have no idea how wonderful it is to know that I'm not alone in wanting to scream at the homophobic idiots who populate the world. You articulated your anger quite well. Rock on.
YourSinsIntoMe chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
Very angry, very high energy. Nicely done.
Chris Taylor chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
NICE! i was always against people who bash gays, it's there life, we shouldnt say anything about it, and besides, it's not affecting US so why bitch about it? oh, i noticed a lot of your songs start off with "fuck you, fuck that, FUCK" just basically fuck in general. i understand it's a powerful word, but my biggest fear is that it will become like everything ELSE that MEANT (past tense) something at one point and become mainstreamed, in which case, no meaning at all. either way, this was pretty good, you have a real talent in your songs.

Peace and Chicken Grease
Frozen Darkness chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
0.o *Clap Clap* Good show boy! Although you should have said it to their faces, as I have done in the past.. *cough cough* mebeingbiandall *cough cough*
-Michi
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
wow. i kinda feel offened yet not at the same time... i dont like this one much, sorry... i probably mis-understood it though... i dunno. not one of your better pieces :S sorry.
Death Of Divinity chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
i greatly respect your views on this subject. Homophobes are only trying to make the world a worse place and what's the point, everyone's a person no matter what they do or what they wear etc :)
Chaotic Charisma chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
lmao, stupid inbred hicks indeed... wow, that was awesome, and thank you so much I am honestly flattered :) yeah, if you weren't there in that damned graphics class Idk what I would've done... probably DIED... lol. I love raw unedited angst, it's great! It's a great feeling to know I've got somebody like you backing me up, you know :) lol, said it before and I'll say it again, I love my random hetero! lol, I'll ttys I'm off to New Jersey! *hugs* ~M~