Reviews for Toll
Glassed Rose chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
This was a very nice poem _ I liked it alot! thank you for sharing that with all of us on fictionpress *nods*
Michael Kim chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
I like the overall feeling, but I felt uneasy reading the end. I think it lacks a certain flow. Just an opinion.
Iris Advocate chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
It was...breathtaking.
XClara chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
I love this one... it's like what I'm feeling right now. I love the last two verse-things.. they really speak to me. I dont think you used imagery as much in this one, but in alot of ways it seems stronger.
sinkingheart chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
This poem was especially deep and it portrayed a good picture of what we do not expect out of something so great such as love, that it would ever tear us apart. Good Work.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
Goodness. I do love this. You express emotion in pictures, and they are beautiful indeed. I envy your talent.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 8/2/2004
Great job as usual Matthew! :) I love your style of poetry and am never dissapointed when I read one. *applauds* My fave lines have to be: "They don't tell you in the fairy tales About how love can have a cost" So true...great job again! :)
Sreym chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
This is really cool, I love the wording and everything! You are an awesome writer! I am SO impressed. . . and a bit intimidated!
bach-player chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
i loved the way you ended this poem...repetition was very strong! i think the earlier parts of the poem might be tightened up a bit language wise. the drip, drip, drip part didnt work for me...but that's just my personal opinion. i like what you did w/ the first stanza other than that.
Hawke chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
"So I will wait for someone to heal me/and wait for someone to feel me/and wait for, this pathetic tragedy/to play itself out of me." That someone could be me, but you don't seem to want it. Can't see it. I'm sorry Matt, you really aren't alright and I don't think I can do anything about it anymore. Nice poem though. Too bad you can't see.