Reviews for Metallic Bird
Edraith chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
Quite unique. It sounds like an ode from the Romantic period, yet the object addressed is something the Romantics would have condemned I guess. ;-) I like the tension created by that contrast. I almost felt like flying myself when I read this, especially that bit about the "cotton candy and wispy wool", that's something I am always fascinated by when I fly, the way the clouds look from above. Your word choice is so praising and idealizing that one wonders whether the whole poem could not be read on a metaphorical level as well, whether the "metallic bird" could be more than a bird (for instance terms like "set me free"). Very well-written indeed.
Hmm, I'm never so sure if my e-mails arrive, so in case you didn't get my last e-mail, I just wanted to alert you to my poem "Razor Touch", because I have dedicated it to you, and yes, well, of course I would like to hear your opinion on it if you forgive me for asking so bluntly. (I hope the fact that you haven't reviewed it yet doesn't mean you don't like it? ) Anyways, i'm so glad you're better, at least it sounds like that. ;-)
Much love, Eirien
keltica chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
Hehe ... congrats cousin, another work of art :d ... though I don't like airplanes, I think the mind itself can bring you beyond the horizons of an airplane ...
x
keltica ... the celtic fire (jan)
Getuie chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
It's different to anything I've read in reference to Airplanes... and I must say that it's quite fitting (except for me 'cause I hate flying). Everything you wrote can be seen and imagined.