Reviews for The 4 Swords
LucKyGrAyeS chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
very captivating story youve got here! im really getting into the whole plot and the twists and turns of the characters.. keep it up :)
Edward Jenkins chapter 16 . 1/23/2005
More delays, sorry about this. Chapter 15 is a strange one, I was hoping to do all the explination in a single chapter, but it seems the story is running a little longer than expected, so this story within a story will end up being two chapters long. Like I say the format is a little strange, and I would most appreciate any feedback concerning this chapter and how well it fits with in the overall story being told, (though I think you will need the next chapter to be able to answer that one, and will be up next week). Edward.
SimpleSerenity chapter 5 . 12/27/2004
Whoa. You killed John and Tomas! I liked the both of them! :o( And Johanna's attack, very interesting indeed. I'm really wondering what all this is about. There's a connection between the attack and the landslide obviously. Is the obsidian really destroyed?

I love the new character of Lucas. You made his hacking of the FBI mainframe almost like an action scene, it really put me on edge waiting to see if he'd get all the info, who the other hacker was, if he'd get caught, if the other hacker would win. Great stuff!

Again, spelling is my only qualm with the past few chapters. "Damn" written as "dam" and such, but that's easily fixed.
SimpleSerenity chapter 3 . 12/27/2004
All right, again a few incorrect spellings, but I shall focus on the good points instead of the few mistakes! Jin is an interesting character. Usually the big brother is over-protective, annoying and a bit humorous, but you've made Jin different. There's a rift between the siblings because of their mother and father's problems and it shows.

I liked the subtle mentions of the tail on Johanna. I wonder what they're up to!

And the ending! Well that was the best part. I'm eager to see if John, Tomas and the tablet survive, if any... and this "lone figure"? Who might he be?
SimpleSerenity chapter 2 . 12/27/2004
"Your top needs adjustin'"

:o) I loved the exchange between Johanna and her student, and the story about the one who tried it on. Good light humour.

John Solstice is a good character. I like him. He's described and a little back story is given without over doing it. His relationship with Johanna is nice.

The piece of obsidian is interesting and the mention of this hot young professor Johanna will be seeing is even more interesting. Also, the very last paragraph and the mention of the "shadowy figure" are intriguing.

Found a few spelling and grammar mistakes. Nothing too dire that a few edits and spell checks can't sort out. Also, I find you put for example 30bc like that, when I'm almost sure it should be 30 BC. Just a few suggestions!
SimpleSerenity chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
Wow. The prologue really threw me right in there. I had no idea who the person was at first, male or female, friend or foe and so had to rely totally on the descriptions and picture it all in my head. It made for an interesting and engaging introduction.

The fact that it was a dreams shows us Johanna's desire to be successful and of course, gives us a glimpse of the importance of the namesake of the title.
Edward Jenkins chapter 13 . 12/11/2004
Hi all, I glad at least a few people are putting up with this story, It dose seem to be dragging its feet a bit. I'm trying to write in a different style and its proving a bit tedious. However I will complete this story, and it should now start to get a little bit more interesting. I also hopeing to pick up the pace a little from here on in. Thanks for the reviews so far. Edward.
Edward Jenkins chapter 8 . 10/30/2004
Sorry for the big delay in getting these up, real life has been very busy of late and I've been working far too much overtime. I will be trying to get back on to more regular updates.
Please keep reviewing my work, its always helpful.
Edward Jenkins.
Fallen Oblivion chapter 3 . 9/1/2004
This story is quite fascinating. There's many mysterious occurrences that draw me in. Good work, keep it up.
KlutzFu chapter 3 . 9/1/2004
This is a very intriguing story. I'll be looking forward to reading more of it.
Edward Jenkins chapter 3 . 8/31/2004
Sorry for the long delay in updating, I'm still busy with another book I'm planning to get published, so all my time is being spent on that at the moment. Untill thats out the way, updates wont be on a regular basis. Least for a little while, though I will try and update as often as I can. Thanks for all your feed back so far, Edward.
Cloud Burst chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
looking good! update soon!
Edward Jenkins chapter 1 . 7/30/2004
I've started a new story, much different to what I've already writen here. I'm not sure how often I will be able to update though I will try for every weekend again. Hope you like it,
Edward.