Reviews for Superman: Behind The Lives Of Teenage Boys
Your Different October chapter 7 . 9/5/2005
I try not to do this. Get involved in controversial subjects on the internet, that is. But I have to say something. While I agree with you that drugs are bad, and that, yes, people using does destroy families, I also have a few problems with this.

People in high up places are, more likely than not, corrupt. It is a sad fact, but true. The truth is that the law needs to change, but maybe not in the way you think. Non-violent offenders, picked up for small infractions related to drugs, are being put in jails and prisons, taking up space where murderers and rapists could be sitting, doing their time. Either we need to legalize marijuana, or completely overhaul the system. Again, sad but true.

During prohibition, people drank anyway. There were speakeasies where people could get alchohol, and people made moonshine. If they really want to, people will find a way to use. It sucks, and it's wrong, and it's hurtful, but the truth isn't always noble, and it certainly doesn't always set you free.

Instead of going after drug dealers, clogging up the system, how about we concentrate on rehabilitation? Rehabilitation is key, because the more people there are who are rehabilitated, the more people there are to inform others about what drug use can cause, how much it can hurt you and the people around you. You really want to stop drug use, or at least slow it down? Get to the kids before the dealers do. Go out and do something. Get a program for kids started in your neighborhood. Don't just sit there saying that we need to do something, be a leader and DO IT. Start something. I volunteer in my town; I know that in some small way, I'm making a difference. I work with children. Start with them. They are, as you've said, the future.

The reason I say all this is because the way you wrote it makes you sound like you're being high and mighty. I know you're probably not trying to be, and I know that it's probably not the case, but I call it like I see it. I know this hasn't been updated for a while, but I'm hoping you'll read this anyway, and get involved. Next time you write something like this, be a little bit more thoughtful about it, please. I know that sounds harsh, but just think about the people who will read this; think about what you're saying and how you are saying it. If people feel like they're being patronized, they won't listen.
Lady Meriadoc chapter 7 . 9/12/2004
This is powerful stuff, really. It's terrible to see good people go down the drain. I read an article in my YM magazine (surpisingly, it wasn't about a celebrity) about a girl who got caught up on Crystal Meth at 14 years old! And then to actually have family to have surcumbed to the little know drug of alchol, you realize how bad it is when your family falls apart in front of your ten year old eyes when your father becomes Dr. Jekyll because of beer. Drugs are a big problem in America, yeah so is suicide, but drugs lead often to suicides, drugs make you stupid and if you can't realize that, then this world is going to fall to it's knees one day and we won't get back up. Good job, Matt.
Angel Jenna chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Writerforever, haven't read the story yet but after ur email and the review I read I have to say something now! Me of myself, if u ever read this again I advise u to read this note. I know many people in my life who have done things like drugs and alcohol and it is a much bigger problem than u think. It ruined my life and I didn't even try it. I have a friend who's dad is an alcoholic and he beats her with a bat when he is under the influence and we can't due anything about it! Alcohol and drugs make a person crazy, I know, I grew up around it. When my dad was high and my mom was drunk we would go out in the middle of the night looking for him on Pac highway, where all the god damn drug dealers hang out. Can u understand how hard that was, my little sister was two, and she saw things an adult shouldn't even have to see let alone a two year old! Addicts don't get the bad wrap, techniqually it is a deise so I know u can't just quit it isn't that easy, but u can't advertise that it is okay. It ruins peoples lives who don't even do that. It ruined my life and I am only 14 yet I am suicidal and have been for a very long time. That isn't even half of what I saw, people are crazy when they do drugs and alcohol, u probably have some people around u who wish that u would get some help u just don't see it. Alcohol leads to a lot of horrible things and I got lucky, my parents never hit me when they were out of it. Just think about what I said a little, there is a lot more to it then u will ever know. If u read this please e-mail me cause I know u are not gonna agree with me, my email is . It will do u good to talk and it will do me good to know at the moment u aren't gettin wasted, hopefully! Sorry again writerforever but I had to do that, I couldn't stand reading that review and knowing that other people might read it as well and take it seriously. I'll talk to u soon!
Kate chapter 7 . 9/12/2004
I agree that drugs are a big deal.
And they do hurt people.
The people who are smoking pot won't know it's true affects until many years from now.
Just like the people from the 60's are just now finding out what damage they did to their bodies.
I must say that, off the top of my head, I know no one who does drugs.
I just am not around those types of people.
Nor have a ever been offered a joint.
I respect my body far to much to ever consider taking one.
I wish the best for you on your quest to stop all drug use.
I'll stand behind you, but I don't know what could be done.
There are already laws and restrictions tied on drinking and smoking.
Drugs like pop and coke are already pretty much banned from use, except for medical use.
That's something I think can be fought.
But how are you going to stop those teens that get their older sibling to by them a pack of cigarettes?
Or go to an unsupervised party?
If you DO think of a way to stop this, I'll gladly help.
These things ARE wrong, and should be stopped, but with so much already tried, what now?
writerforever chapter 7 . 9/11/2004
To the reviewer 'me of myself': The teens of America are being destroyed by drugs and aclohal. I don't think anyone should drink or do drugs. To many people (mostly young teens) think drugs are no big deal. But I suggest you go to a troubled teen home and see teens who are addicted to drugs. You'll change your mind real quick about drugs. I'm not critisizing drug addicts. I feel sorry for them. But what I am doing is trying to prevent more young teens from becoming drug addicts. I know that we cannot change the world but we can try to make it a better place for the future. And that is what I intend on doing if I have to die trying. I appreciate your review(s) but you should really take drugs and alcohal more seriously. For they can kill you and destroy your life. I know, believe me.
-writerforever
me of myself chapter 7 . 9/10/2004
I rly liked all ur entries, but the last one sorta rubbed me in the wrong way. I dont do drugs, but drinking underage isnt exactly unknown to me or my friends...it's just that these rnt the big problems nations r being faced with. Suicide is a problem, street gangs, that's a huge problem, but smoking a joint and havin a bottle of beer when your 16 isnt going to b the downfall of America (President Bush will be), and I think addicts get the bad wrap of things all the time and maybe we should cut them some slack...I mean they're legalizin the stuff now, and wass the difference if ur addicted to weed or to cigs?
donmike chapter 6 . 9/4/2004
I gotta say I really liked this
The great disappointment chapter 6 . 8/9/2004
Another intense, well-liked chapter.
Klanfer chapter 6 . 8/9/2004
that's really sad...
*cries*
xoxox
ta'z hunni
KalinaGirl chapter 5 . 8/8/2004
No! No! No! How could you? You...you killed him you murderer Now i am mad at you! man, i may have to cry. i know that never meeting your father feeling, and you conveyed it really well! good job!- but your still evil! gr.
The great disappointment chapter 5 . 8/8/2004
It was a sad ending, but yet it showed a bit of hope at the same time. I really enjoyed this chapter.
KalinaGirl chapter 4 . 8/5/2004
Hey, haven't I heard this story before! Oh yeah, beacuse you stole the name Danny from me...meanie! lol...that was sad! well nothing wrong here going to the next chapter...wait!-there isn't no next chapter because someone hasn't updated...lol! well talk to you soon!
The great disappointment chapter 4 . 8/5/2004
Very intense.
donmike chapter 3 . 8/3/2004
I like these stories...not that I have cancer or that I'm a druggie or an alcoholic...but they're interesting casue I 've had friends like all of these characters and I can sorta relate to the emotions...especially Mark's (even though I ain't a churchgoer or good in school) but anyways...keep doin this shit I'd like to read more
The great disappointment chapter 3 . 8/3/2004
Very intense and very relatible.