Reviews for The Path of Love
drunkoffwooder chapter 32 . 11/3/2009
Hi! I just finished reading your marvelous story, and thought I'd comment on how much your writing has changed over the course of this story. Chapters 1 and 32 just can't be compared! I'm so glad you finished this, and I loved the story a lot! Thanks!
cherrypiesizzle chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
What a dramatic high school - sweatdrop
Lady of Confusion chapter 32 . 10/23/2009
AWESOME STORY! One of the best I have read.
gtgtgtgtgt chapter 32 . 9/22/2009
the story is amazing! you deserve at least 10,0 reviews
reader chapter 32 . 9/1/2009
Aww. Omg. So sweet. Amazing beyond words! I can't believe we get to see them all grown up and together...much better than anything I could have expected when it started with a 15 year old girl.
reader chapter 30 . 9/1/2009
Liz is sick, and this story is intense.

I suddenly feel a lot more wrapped up in this story than I was in the first couple chapters...it is probably because I know the characters better, but I have a feeling it is also because you got even better at playing out the scenes. I think you can definitely be a published author.
reader chapter 29 . 9/1/2009
I think one of your great talents is to delve deeper into each character's emotions by holding out on a conclusion. And your exploration of the characters makes this gray area not just suspenseful, but very interesting to be in. Like in the scene where Elva looses her virginity, you show a great sensitivity to the pace of the story...it's not just like bam, bam, bam, it's over. The way you write it, there is time to become familiar with the characters and to grow close with them in a way that makes the reader feel tied up in their fate as well.
reader chapter 28 . 9/1/2009
Oh. my god. That was great. I loved how you tied up loose ends and brought back Sam and showed how Elva kept on going after Kyle left. And it was a really subtle way of doing it...at first, I was thinking sophomore year of high school, which would have been disappointing (because it doesn't really allow much time for maturing), but you showed us it was five years later without a huge "five years later" sign. I think you could have developed the thing with James a bit more, even though I understand it was a one-night stand...hm, well, it was still very admirably done.
reader chapter 27 . 9/1/2009
Thanks for the reassurance of the happy ending, haha. While some authors choose sad endings for purposes of "art" or "realism," I always find that a depressing ending makes me feel like I just wasted my time reading the story, regardless of how much I liked the story before. I guess I feel that way because the reason I read these stories is not for realism or whatever, but for happy endings that might not be possible in real life. Anyway, thank you! You are a fabulous author. And I'm not saying that just because you're giving us a happy ending... :)
reader chapter 22 . 9/1/2009
That was really intense and well-written.
reader chapter 20 . 9/1/2009
WHOA, *! O_O

That is SO sad.

Btw, I haven't reviewed before I think...sorry about that. This is a fantastic story, and though I had my doubts when I first found out that the protagonist was only 15, you seem to have gotten past that barrier. :)
esssjay chapter 32 . 8/11/2009
this story was nice :)

i think there were times when i found grammatical errors and stuff, but other than that, it was okay. the only real complaint i have is that the ending left quite a few things unanswered. firstly, what about jessica ? and the evan thing, how kyle wanted revenge and to find out what really happened - i think that should've been addressed at some point at the end.

if there was anything i could change/add to this story, i'd probably say i wish that you'd given us more jed & cissy at the end in the leadup to the wedding. i think there was a kind of inconsistency with the fact that cissy is kyle's sister but she wasn't there for wedding preps ? i'm sure at the very least she could've ended up as a bridesmaid. it also would've been quite interesting if you'd played the line of 'sam has a thing for elva'. i know it's definitely cliche but i think it would've made things more challenging.

anyway, thanks for the great read ! it was really enjoyable !

jes
strawberrycrush chapter 32 . 8/10/2009
I officially love Kyle...!...

Awesome story...!...loved it...

the ending was awesome...hope it was possible in real life also..!
strawberrycrush chapter 7 . 8/9/2009
nice story...Kyle seems like a jerk...oh...he is a jerk...!..i soo vey like Jed...!..

Wonderfull idea..
Pretend Jane chapter 22 . 5/20/2009
I think Elva is so naive. Her age is definitely showing. She tells some random guy to "Make love to her" She might as well have said, "Have Sex with me" because that would have been all it was if she had slept with Jack.

Then she drives Kyle to the breaking point and he finally gives in and sleeps with her. Kyle was trying to be a good guy here, but Elva is an idiot. Why sleep with a guy who's leaving soon and is engaged to be married? She acts like she wants to get her heart broken. I just hope history doesn't repeat it self (ie. Evan) and she doesn't get pregnant. I also found it poor choice of Elva to sleep with Kyle without a condom- we all know how much he's gotten around in the past. Plus, he's done drugs. We don't know if he's clean. So there's a lot of things wrong with this situation.

I also think the way she got him to sleep with her was so unromantic. As a young woman, I think Elva should have wanted more for her first time. I think it is a shame she didn't. Because having sex when a party is going on downstairs after making out with some other guy is so unromantic. Then the L-word came about in the end. I seriously think Elva is too naive to know what love truly is. And while she's so busy chasing after Kyle, did she forget the things her birth mother told her? To stay away from Kyle if she loved her family? She doesn't seem to be thinking of her family either.
518 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »