Reviews for Nothing Flows
logical-unreason chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
Thank you very much for the praise you just gave me.
I don't see why you said that I can express writers block better then you. Of course I am aware it's a bit pretentious writing a good poem about writers block because of course you haven't got writers block if you can write a good poem, (Breathe) but this is a good poem. I am using the word good too much, excuse me.
I don't think you should compare this to mine. For one mine is free prose and attempts and vocabulary and feeling over emotion and flow. Whilst yours rhymes and thus sets itself a structure that is infinitely harder to word with then free form. I respect you for being able to rhyme words and still retain meaning in the stanzas. The poem is short but true, small but sharp and every bit as good as mine but in different ways.
Don't judge yourself so harshly we're different writers you and I. Half the poems you made I could have never thought of. I hope you keep writing and thanks again for your praise, I was depressed last night reading your reviews picked me off my slump and inspired me to write a poem.
Kick ass. May the stars shine on your back whether you make love or war.
Helgmelia chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Yup, that sounds about right. You're more organized than I am, though - you've got a *notebook*! I like the last stanza a lot.
Thepolia chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
I also have a notebook to put my random thoughts... but among those I could find nothing like your poem. This is really great. Keep it up!
nick-wordsmith chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
I think any writer can relate to this subject. This is a nice piece with good flow heehee and i like it
Stines decay, words last
Nick
TheOneAndOnlySammy chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
I read your other poem and decided to check the rest out, this one, is GREAT you took the words out of my head, BRAVO! Sammy
pacopuppy chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
i loved it! it was awesome! nice topic, nice end rhyme! well done and keep up the good work.
*mEgAn*
ps. i'll check out ur other stuff as soon as i can.
WakeRobin chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
Ah, I can totally relate to this. It can get real frustrating. I like the poem.
nine iron chapter 1 . 8/4/2004
I really know this subject, I have written a few on it myself, I took to co-authoring with a published writer, that helped. I put them up on here. I hope if you check them out they might give you a different view on it or see similarities. The poems are "Give it a little push" , "Plastic Inspiration" and the co written ones are, threads of ideas, Atlantic cousin to cousin and bedside light. I hope to broaden your intrests in poetry by pointing your this way and to visit the person I co-authored with on here.
Good luck in all your works and keep on writing
Nine Iron