Reviews for The Grace of God
Setsuna529 chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Harsh... but true.
Ajax Elpis chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
I love your poems, but totaly disagree with your views. God gave us free will, the only way he could stop anything from happening would be to prevent that free will he gave us and the free will with wich we killed him. I know I will probably not be listened to, but I just had to say that. Thanks.
meme chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
"There's too muchtendeny to attribute God to the evils that man does of his own free will," or so said Agatha Christie. Also, God does so much for us. He gives us life, is it not in his power to take it away? The wage of sin is death, and death is one of the smallest prices we deserve to pay. Just because God lets us leave this world doesn't mean he doesn't love us. He sent is son for us.
Anyways, sorry if I've angered you. I felt the same way after I lost a relative, but I finally realized that God knows what he's doing, and it was selfish of me to think that I didn't deserve to have that person taken away. Your poem had lots of emotion and feeling and you did a great job of expressing yourself. But please, before you try to blame God, keep in mind what I said.
Good luck!
Thepolia chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
I cannot agree more! I totally agree with the message you're conveying... but structure-wise, the figures in the middle makes the poem less 'poetic'. I hope you don't mind.
nick-wordsmith chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Wow, another powerful poem. This is a good piece, well done.
Stones decay, words last
Nick
Stormer chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Dude...that was awesome! So sad, but so true. Problem is, God isn't a murderer...'cause he doesn't exist! Or 'it' doesn't exist. Or 'she'. But anyway...thanks for all the reviews. I didn't expect 'em! :)
Ruby Jones chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
wow i think this one is truly your best. and i totally agree on your point of view of how the lord jesus christ is a murder but also remerb he knows when its time to end the eprsons life for one reason or another. but i know how you feel and i like how u express yourself so well
Ergo the God chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
This is one of the best poems I've read that has to do with god! Why doesn't anyone else see this graceless side? More power to you! Ha!
Candyluv18 chapter 1 . 8/5/2004
Well did you think that god put you on this earth and he can take you away just like that when he's ready for you. He's not being mean he's being just.