Reviews for Where the day takes you
Camille chapter 15 . 9/28/2005
Great chapter - the school marriage project has turned out very interesting. I wonder how many schools would let a teacher make it so realistic, with same/sex couples and single parents? Also the conflict between Jamal and his mother is nicely done, but we need to see how Mika feels about it too.
Camille chapter 14 . 9/21/2005
Very interesting - the school 'marriages' should be a challenge! And I liked the idea that they would include same-sex relationships. (Did they match up guys, too?)

The conflict with the parents dating and complicating Jamal's situation with Shamika is well done, too - although if his mom really thinks she can put two teenagers in bed together and nothing's going to happen, I suspect she's from another dimension.
Camille chapter 13 . 1/20/2005
I can sympathize with Jamal, trying to fit back into normal life after all that. Really liked the humor in this -and liked seeing Shamika and Myriah being friends, and poor Mark falling off his chair. A very nice interlude after all the recent trauma.
DragonAiua chapter 12 . 12/30/2004
well, I finally got to chapter 12 :-) all I can say is update soon! I'm hooked.
Cmar chapter 12 . 12/28/2004
Well! Very interesting. Glad to see both Jamal and Shamika finally know what they want, but things aren't exactly settled between them. Also a nice twist with the parents; that's shaping up as a dramatic situation, and I can understand how Jamal and Shamika feel about it. Very good work!
secret ninja chapter 11 . 12/23/2004
Wow, I was looking this story up again cause' I hadn't seen it in a while...pretty powerful stuff, I hope Jamal wakes up and he and Shamika get together, keep up the great work.
cmar chapter 11 . 12/10/2004
Very very good! I have a couple of tears in my eyes right now. Some beautiful scenes, and I like that you have Shamika and Myriah being friendly. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Myriah chapter 11 . 12/1/2004
Great chapter :) I felt so bad for everybody! I'm so glad you updated, I was waiting for it :D This was a little rushed, I think it could have taken up at least another chapter, but it was well written and I enjoyed it.
Myriah chapter 10 . 11/23/2004
Whoa. . . UPDATE SOON! I have to know what happens :) I'm glad you've started this up again, I missed your updates :( Great work once again :D
cmar chapter 10 . 11/22/2004
Oh my gosh, a great cliffhanger, and a great payoff after the hints about Omar. Also I'm glad to see Jamal come to his senses, even if it may be too late! This isn't a tragedy, is it? I hope not.
str8t4ward chapter 9 . 11/3/2004
I loved can't wait to read the rest!
DISChessPlayer chapter 9 . 10/30/2004
Your writing style is one which I love. You are doing a great job with character development, and surprising us, even though we know what is coming. The plot is multi-dimensional, but not scattered all over the place. Your grammar is very good, making it easy to read. Overall, you are doing very well, keep it up!
cmar not pressing my luck chapter 9 . 10/23/2004
Whew, nice chapter! I like the idea of the talent contest, you've used it to good effect to bring out some smoldering conflicts. Hate to think of what the big dance will do!
Myriah chapter 9 . 10/22/2004
Hey Rick, great job! My computer finally lets me review. Love this story, it's really going great. Glad to see other people appreciate that too.
Aphrodides chapter 9 . 10/22/2004
Awe, how sad. I could feel how upset she was. Please update soon!
35 | Page 1 .. Last Next »