Reviews for A Roommate's Story
Al Kristopher chapter 9 . 2/8/2006
I'm sorry to see it end...but I guess writing the same story for a year will wear you out. And here I was expecting to see a Meg/Nic jump out and bite me! Thanks for not doing that; you avoided a cliche.
Al Kristopher chapter 4 . 2/8/2006
The dialogue's find; it runs like a river in late spring, festering with trout and the occasional fallen leaf. And just as refreshing!

HOWEVER, something came out to me like nails on a chalkboard: You put a number at the beginning of a sentence instead of a word. Universally, this is never done (The only exception I can think of is if you put the title of a book, movie, or TV show first, and it contains a number). Please always try to write Eight instead of 8 (mid-sentence...it's up to you)

Geez, I wish I had Nicki as a friend. Then I wouldn't be so messed-up.
Al Kristopher chapter 3 . 2/8/2006
*shudders* Why do Christians ALWAYS equate bowling with having a good time? It's just...no. No. It's just not. It's such a dorky sport. It's just...no, no. Ugh.

I hereby command you to unleash your ribbing and make the wittiest satire you could ever imagine upon their simpleminded hides! I await the fun.
Al Kristopher chapter 2 . 2/8/2006
Well-done! Meg's defenses seem just in line of what *most* Christians will say when you bring up the whole gay issue. It also seemed to fit into her character. So glad you put that in here.

As for me personally, I don't have that kind of wisdom, and now I'm no longer sure there even IS a God, much less a loving one (I mean, let's face it, the world's not exactly all sunshine and roses these days, is it?). Homosexuality is something I don't understand, but I can't hate it (stupidity is another thing entirely). As long as they don't flirt with me. I straight.
Al Kristopher chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
"out of all the roommates on campus, she had to get put with an open lesbian."

Don't you hate it when that happens? _

Looks to be another swell "polar opposites attract" love story. Sweet!
Wolfgirl1987 chapter 9 . 1/24/2006
I really liked your story here.. I actually have it bookmarked as one of my favs... but i really found the ending to be disappointing... I mean it just drops off... I still want to know what happens... but who knows, maybe this is where Megan, Nic and Erica's story ends... Good work though!God bless,~Wolfie
dorcas chapter 1 . 10/12/2005
Ohh man, this one totally reminds me of my own situation at (middle)school. I completely share Megan's pain. Nyahh.
Anya Tempest chapter 9 . 10/11/2005
Very nice. Well written. your characters are very well written and easy to relate to.

Good work )
Anya Tempest chapter 6 . 10/11/2005
I really like this, and I like how you've portrayed Megan.(I'm a Christian, and it's frustrating how deluded some people are about what we're actually like sometimes) but one thing really bugged me:

""Well, there's a lot of places in the Bible that have to do with fish. For example, at one point after Jesus was resurrected, he appeared to his disciples who were out on a fishing boat and hadn't caught anything at all. He told them to put their nets on the other side of the boat, and then nets became so heavy with fish they couldn't pull it up. That's how they knew it was Him. There was also a point where Jesus said, 'Come follow Me and I will make you fishers of men.'"

Um, that was well before He was resurrected, about three years before. It was at the start of His ministery, when He first recruited the disciples.

I'll keep reading, though, and leave another review at the end (I don't like leaving a review for every chapter...this just bugged me)
Thaliea chapter 9 . 10/10/2005
To be quite honest, I rarely ever read something that hints along the lines of religious morality, and even more rarely do I actually stick through it without mentally thinking something dealing with stereotypes. However, this story in particular broke that 'ritual,' and truly surprised me. I know that I may sound...um...mean or something, but I'm really not trying to be. Regardless of that, your story gave an incredible balance of both viewpoints and stability for stereotypes that made it a wonderful read! Fantastic work, and I hope to see more from you. Be well!
Quod Vide chapter 9 . 10/10/2005
It was subtle. That doesn't mean that it's bad...just languid, fluid, kind of like a lazy Saturday afternoon. i like it. Good job. *claps*
C.F. Coffin chapter 8 . 6/29/2005
Wow, this is a really well done fiction. I am hooked I can't wait to read more. I think it might make an interesting plot twist if Megan met a Christian guy and the two of them started dating...you can probably see all kinds of plot possibilities from that. I look forward to your next installment
Manda Pantxike Sterling chapter 8 . 6/14/2005
This is a good chapter, keep it up. You're really making this story interesting. I can't wait to read more.
christal chapter 8 . 5/28/2005
oh i cannot wait for the rest very good i think all of us have met a megan and a nic
Luv2write4u13 chapter 8 . 5/27/2005