Reviews for I'm Taken In
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
I like it for no real reason. It has a good pace and I like the last stanza.
Pegleg the Pirate chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
Hm...I'm not quite sure why I like this poem, but I do. The repetition makes it flow hauntingly well, and the structure of it reminds me of one that I wrote recently called "Help me". I applaud you nonetheless.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
im sorry :( i dont like this one... i dunno why really. just reading it and seeing it... iunno...
it is well written and formatted great... i just dunno... i like the last stanza though... sorry for no as good of review as i normal give :(
catseyeview chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
I love this, can be wonderfully romantic or "Stain my clothes that rape yellow colour," kindof like saying, take away my cowardice with your strength. Absolutely lovely.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
til-iburnout aka Amanda Helton chapter 1 . 8/7/2004
Wow, this poem is incredible. You've yet again pulled off another poem of subtle repetition. You are by far one of my favorite poets on this site and well just are. Keep writing!
loyal reader-
Amanda
Todd B. James chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
Whoa. It would seem someone's into S%M. _ Seriously, though, this poem hs echoes of repetition that change in subtle ways in order to accomodate the flow of the theme. It goes from "Reel me in" to "I'm taken in" to "I give in" and ends with "And you win," giving the impression of a sort of struggle happening between both parties, not only in the obvious physical sense, but also the mental one. Also, the language used helps to convey that same abusive relationship theme. "By my wrists," "rape yellow" and "Through the fields" all echoes of a very unhealthy relationship that just might move on to the next level if left unchecked. Or perhaps this is merely how one feels when refelcting on their less than favorable time together. Either way, nicely done.
Keep writing!
-T.J.
sarcastic-student chapter 1 . 8/6/2004
This was really awesome! Good rhythm, good pace, good expression, good work!