Reviews for Building Burning Bridges
miss.aishaj chapter 2 . 9/8/2004
hiya matthew. i just saw that you updates this so i thought i'd come and check it out. i think i like this ending better than the other one. it's more complex and it describes better. yes, i like this one. great job, as always _ much love, *Suicidal_Greeting*
miss.aishaj chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
omg, matthew! this is awesome! lol, i just was looking through all of your poems (even if i've read them all already :P except for this one) and i was reading through the summaries and i saw this one. "This one goes out to Aisha." I was sitting at my computer and I'm like OMG...lol...so I went and read it and I absolutely love it Matthew! It expresses the way I feel sometimes and not many authors I know can do that! It proves that you definately have talent!...Go You!...Keep writing and never change the way you are, Matt. We need more people like you! Much Love, *Suicidal_Greeting*
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
That was really powerful. I loved the ending the best because it really suited the poem (in a way). I can't really describe it, but it was definitely a perfect ending. Great job (as usual)! Keep it up!
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 2 . 8/10/2004
So I said that the last two were my favorite, but this... this is even better. In the last version, the change seemed sudden, the result of a call and a sudden weakness. This illustrates it much better, allowing us to see the true deliberation, longing versus will, and the final choice to try again. I didn't think it could get any better, and then it did. Wonderful.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Oh my goodness. This is absolutely brilliant. I have been through this, am still going through it, but the depth you captured... I am awestruck. The last two stanzas make the most impact, with the strong resolve you've had throughout the entire poem crumbling in the reality of what you feel. This is simply beautiful.
Finotari chapter 2 . 8/9/2004
Buring bridges and starting again. So touching in a sorrowful sort of way. It hurts when reality comes back and snaps you in the face like a released rubber band. Stay stong Matt.
Hawke