Reviews for Stickers
Iris Advocate chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
Y'know, this is totally unfair. I've said that already, but honestly...damn, you're good.
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
Good Morning (Afternoon...Night...whatever the time is where you live) Matthew! How is life treating you, huh?

This poem was good, it made me sort of happy :D because I do that sometimes... with a person in specific who, by the way, keeps on bothering and bringing me down whem I'm happy... lucky me he's on vacation for a week.

If I have not mentioned... I love your style! It may sound weird but... I hope someday I can write like you do!

Ellen
lunasilverstar chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
wow. that was really good! I can really relate and it makes the poem all the more terrific. The longer lines (at least from what I write) make it flow a little different than I'm used to, but that makes it even better! I would write more but I have to check out the rest of your work...

leila*
Mia of Orginized Chaos chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
Wow. This is really cool. The whole concept is kind of intruiging. And it makes you wanna read on and learn more. I especially like your ending. I really can sympathise with that. Very nice, and I'll keep my eyes out for more of your stuff.
swaggering curses chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
I really like the emotions behind this and how accurately you capture them. And I love the sticker concept, being a sticker fiend myself. In a non-metaphoric way. My only suggestion is that I don't know if you intended it to have a rhyme scheme, but some stanzas rhyme and some don't, and it makes reading it very awkward because you don't know whether or not to include a rhyme and meter or if it's free verse. But that's all. Awesomeness. )
freethephoenix chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
When I was in grade five I got my first pimple. Back then it was a sort of popular thing for girls at my school to wear stickers all over, so I lucked out and wore a sticker over it every day until it went away... this poem just reminded me of that though it has an entirely different concept.
I like this poem, cause I know people like that. I especially liked how I forgot it was a poem after the first few lines and just enjoyed reading the story of sticker-man and his abrasive companion... :) hahaa, one of you better pieces I think.
They're all good just so you know, but I don't want to get repetative reviewing every single piece with the same "Wow you're awesome!" (Even if you really are!)
So keep up the good work. You rock.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
An interesting concept. Original, and it works so much better than the usual idea. I like this, but the rhyme takes away some word choice that you would have if you hadn't forced yourself into the rhyme scheme. Be that as it may, it is one of the best rhyming poems I've had the fortune to come across. This is lovely and powerful.
Fiontari chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
Stickers...what a perfect metaphor. I'm glad you have the gift of poetry to ease the pain you feel.
Love,
Hawke
Victor Soulstorm chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
nice-ness I like it. not the ending as much as the beginning, but I liked it.