Reviews for Dogs of a Revolution
Crewger chapter 28 . 12/27/2006
I love this sci fi story! rEally, some people can't write scifi if their life depended on it! does your computer let you double space?
anon chapter 28 . 10/20/2005
Wow. It first I thought that this would turn out to be just another "piece of cheap-O sci-fi," but after a few chapters, things started to really flesh out. The characters seemed to take on a real life, and the plot expanded into something that was truly unique. This is really the best science fiction that I have read on this site. With a little editing (it seemed a little rushed at the end), there is a good chance that this story could be published. Good job. :D
Quarantine chapter 28 . 7/6/2005
Haha, good story. Quite different from the Vorchay one, but I can't really compare them. Especially not now. . . I read this entire story in a day. Okay, nicely done, I'll go and read the sequel sometime.
jon-1308 chapter 28 . 2/27/2005
Wow! This is one of the best stories I have seen on FP. I do not exaggerate.

All the way through, the characters were well developed. The plot was fantastic, and the conclusion was interesting... and unexpected.

On to the sequel - it had better be as good!
GJWK chapter 28 . 12/10/2004
Great story. I like the fact that it ended with most of the lose ends tied up, but with plenty of room for future tales. Thanks for writing this and I'm headed for the sequel immediately.

Sincerely

Geoff
Misora chapter 28 . 11/24/2004
*eyetwitch*

ARGH. *rolls around in frustration*

My romantic expectations for the story have been ruined _ *twitch*

:P Other than that, it was quite lovely. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Never Knows Best chapter 28 . 10/21/2004
Hah, awesome! Sorry I haven't reviewed the last coupla chapters. Been grounded and whatnot. But seriously, I want the sequel, right now!
~NKB
Klanfer chapter 28 . 10/6/2004
I LOVE IT
I think it's good enough to be published!
I ABSOLUTELY ADORE IT
I ADORE IT
ADORE ADORE ADORE
Can't wait to read the sequel:D:D:D
xoxox
ta'z luv
You Need More Flair chapter 24 . 9/25/2004
The thing is, with minimal work, this story WOULD be publishable. My dad liked the chapter a lot, and I printed out the first two for him. ;)
Soon, there shall be more fans of the Silk and the Silk shall be famous. Then, I shall become the number one Silky fan and start a fan club.
Yes, I shall.
Sorry, I go off into rants sometimes.
Anyway, I like Kaido. She's pretty cool. And so's Troy. Yeah.
I very much enjoy how every single chapter has an abundance of action and still manages to be so introspective.
I felt like I was getting a present. I review and like five minutes later, there's another chapter for me to read... Hey... Maybe it'll happen again... Hint... BIG HINT...
You Need More Flair chapter 23 . 9/25/2004
Oh my God Silk! I adore this new story! I mean, it has so many things seen in real life, and yet it is entirely original! You allow us just enough sympathy for the protagonist, even as she is doing something we may or may not like!
“ Just. Justice. She had never uttered that word, nor had she ever heard it. She only knew it from viddies.
What if the cause of her enemies was just? What was justice? Was justice doing what she was doing- hiding from the truth, keeping her head low, and just shooting straight? Or was it fighting. . . tyranny? Was it fighting the forced occupation of foreign nations in an effort masked in words such as 'peace'? Was it fighting an organization bent on demolishing all traces of history and uniqueness among the races of mankind? Was it fighting dogs?
Dogs like her. Dogs, blindly loyal, unthinking, unknowing. Doing everything just for a pat on the head and a few promotions.
She was a dog of the Federation. The knowledge of it struck her like a blow. Her fingers wove into her hair, pulling on it. The tightness in her gut made the pulse wound ache.
But what happened to a dog that turned away from its masters, thinking for itself? What happened to a dog when it hesitated before biting the enemy?”
Oh my goodness – that section alone was brilliant enough to make me rant! I adored the whole 13th chapter enough to print it out and make my dad read it!
I mean, honestly, there is nothing better than a well written, well thought out story, but you have the added bonus of the storyline simply kicking ass.
I adore every chapter for different reasons. I honestly cannot find any sort of constructive criticisms. The only thing I can say is that I got confused in the first chapter – I couldn’t tell for sure who was in charge at times because I’m not used to all the “sirs,” but even that was clear to me by the end of the chapter, so... Damn... I’m gonna make my dad read the rest of the story when I get off of the computer...
I am waiting not-so patiently for the next chapter... Please don't make it too long a wait.
talkingbanana chapter 22 . 9/18/2004
great story so far. i do hope there's more - this is fantastic.
when you get a chance, go back and edit - maybe rewrite - the beginning. there's a dramatic improvement in your style, tone . . . shoot, everything in your writing - from the beginning to the end. i, for one, would like to see that finesse throughout the whole thing.
then again, the rough beginning matches her rough character, which seems fully intentional. the improvements in the tone/voice match her growing as a character. so the choice is up to you.
fantastic job and keep it up!
Never Knows Best chapter 22 . 9/18/2004
Hah! The twins underwear shopping. I don't know of any guy who would willingly go into a lingerie store unless his girlfriend was with him and promised to model something. So what's on Mars that is so important? Or maybe it's a who? Are there actually people living on Mars? Roger and Jery don't seem to think so.
Roger and Jery are so freakin cool. I want to keep them. PLEASE!
Never Knows Best chapter 21 . 9/15/2004
Whee! Jery and Roger are back with Blue! And Leon too. Wow, how's that gonna work out?
Lots of well-written action. Fun stuff. I'm obsessed.
Never Knows Best chapter 20 . 9/13/2004
*dances* Jery and Roger are going to rescue Blue-ue! Yay for Jery and Roger! I love them to pieces.
What exactly is this Genoum thing? Have you menitoned it before, or am I just going crazy? Probably number two.
Anywho, awesome chap, as always. Can't wait for the next one!
Never Knows Best chapter 19 . 9/9/2004
No! nonononononono! Blue cannot be captured! It's not allowed!
And Mars...? What's up with that? Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out, eh?
Uber-fun chapter !