Reviews for Somewhere Lost
Ivy Thorn chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
You have a very strikingly powerful way of writing. Every single one of the poems I've read is filled with an emotion that is expressed extremely well in your words. Great choices of emotional subjects that most people can relate to in one way or another.
I love the "California held his dreams in the palm of its hand/like rotted apple blossoms" lines. Nicely done.
Tanika chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
wow.. another good peice. at first i didnt understand it but now i read it a second time. i must i admit i felt stupid for not understanding it the first time. obviously your love whas moved away. long distance relationships are always hard. trust me i know... i had three of them. the best thing you can do is stop tormenting yourself and let go. okay lol sorry i went in therapist mode... thats what i think im going to go into college to become. a pyschologist...soon as i learn how to spell it. lol great job with this poem
happy thing chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
wow, you're a great writer. I really like this.
Diva Chiba chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
Beautifully done! You used some very clever metaphors and effective imagery in this work. Well done...
Diva Chiba
comtesssorelli chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
"I’m a beast
and I can detect her voice in yours
and smell her kisses from the words you say to me."
So hard on herself, before the betrayer.
"I never claimed to understand all of this" - one of my favorit lines. This may be a wrong way to interpret, but the line, no, the poem itself, seemed to remind that distance doesn't always make the heart grow stronger, especialy since the emotional distance has grown longer than than the physical, and has been literred with many more obstacles, like his California blond.
Spanish Dreams chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Nice piece on long distance relationships and the pain that is an often occurence.
FilledeCali89 chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Very nice. So emotional...
M. R. Smale chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Wondeful use of imagry and metaphore. Keep writing!
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Beautiful. Filled with emptiness and sorrow, written very powerfully and the images are great. This is definitely a favorite simply because of how creatively you have shaped your feelings. Well done! Please keep writing.
Coping Mechanism chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
I love the references to rotting apple blossoms. This was really great. I loved it alot.
Kim The Loser chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
Nice... So much weight of emotion into simple words..I like it )
heartbroken922 chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
I really like this poem! You did a good job so keep it up!
bach-player chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
very sad...good imagery...evocative write
The Ever Changing Tonks chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
this was a great poem. Kinda sad but great