Reviews for Lament
ICU2 chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
deeply touching, beautiful. Oh, and in your poem about dyslexia, I loved the first two lines and I love even more the first two lines in this poem as well! Including the first verse.
Rocky-nen chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
I think its beatiful, especially the topic of loss of faith. Great work!
Sarah
PavanaLachrimae chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
This is brilliant. With some of your earlier poems, it seems a little like you've started off well and then let the quality lag a little, but with this one you've managed to maintain it all the way through, which is great, escpecially considering how long it is. I really like the lines "I feel the human touch/leveling me/down to the size of a woman"- those lines alone say an awful lot.
Steppenwoelfin chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
Brilliant poem! Great topic, too.
monnomdeplume chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Wow...that's pretty much all I have to say
Earthbound Angel 49 chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
another good one. I can definatly relate to this. please, keep it up.
Ebony
Tanika chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
sad and sweet. you definitly have to thank god for the people most important to you. i thank god everyday for my best friend. he means more to me than anyone else in this world. (non-relative wise any way lol) do you have a poetry book out? alot of poets on this site are... well poetry is a hobby for them. myself included but i can tell that your work is real. it should be in a book and read in highschool english classes. if your not famous already you will be
happy thing chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
oh my. i do think i know just how you feel. and i couldn't agree more. i love this. thankyou so much for writing it.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
I cant quite tell what its about... death or a breakup or somethign totally different but I love thse first two lines... and the part about looking and only being a poet.. awesome poem
comtesssorelli chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
The last line was so... final. Your sincere emotions flow, engraved so deeply, into words, that i found my own facial expressions mirroring them, or what i thought they were.
Hegi chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
That was actually really good... Some great individual lines that stick out and grab your attention, making the entire poem stronger.
crazychick88 chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
simple, beautiful, powerful... and i can relate to it.
Spanish Dreams chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
A wonderful poem on losing faith in God (although I still believe).
I particularly liked the lines:
"wishing for yesterday
and tomorrow
and trying to ignore today."
zenmeow chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Definitely shows the disbelief- going through the motions of faith. I like this one... a lot! You have a wonderful talent for writing- keep it up!
HimuraOkamiChan chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Very powerful... simple phrasing that conveys so much emotion! I was floored. Good job!