Reviews for Embracing Melancholy
Clockwork Angel chapter 1 . 10/10/2006
Wow Mr this is nice...rich words really well made
miss.aishaj chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Thanks for the review Matthew. It was very constructive for me but anyway, on to your work! This is awesome. I love it. It takes a great poet to be able to write a poem and not have it rhyme, but still make it sound perfect! Does that say something? _ lol...but yeah, this is really great. Like everything you do I guess...:P...You're just so...PERFECT...hahaha...no j/k...no one's perfect. But seriously. This IS very good. Don't let anyone tell you different.
behind the velvet curtain chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
WOW... This has got to be my favorite poem on FP... I was literally feeling cold through it, and warmer again at the end. You're such a great poet!
Keep writing
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
W-O-W! That was really good. This has definitely got to be one of my faves of yours, and of anyone's on FP for that matter. I loved the imagery you created, especially at the beginning of the second half. "Wrapping thickly woven memories around you to keep warm / The cold nips at your toes and at your fingers and nose / The sharp teeth of sorrow reminding you that you are alive" That was just so good! It reminds me of this scene from a movie I saw once (Dead Poet's Society) where this boy has to make up a poem on the spot and he says something about a blanket that always leaves your feet cold at night...I can't remember the exact words, but it gave me the same feeling that your poem did. (That's good, by the way!)
In short, I loved it and think it's one of your best poems so far. Brilliant job and keep up the great work! :)
freethephoenix chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
"Accept and you will become whole." - Lao Tsu.
I really enjoyed this piece, especially since my favourite poem of yours is 'lost inside melancholy'. And though you didn't mention this being a companion to it, the title is what first drew my attention and it seems like the emotions in that poem find closure here. At least they did for me. It was so pretty, I'm in love with your vocabulary. Now I have to go look up that song and 'not illegally download it'. And thanks for the dedication... yes I am awesome. :)
ps.) I loaded this poem up ten or twelve times in the browser to put the hit number up just to annoy you in Enhanced stats! Hahahahaha!
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Oh my... this is... this is so... wow. You captured so well the feelings and emotions, almost like you harnessed a little bit of a pained soul within the lines. This is so excellent... I am just amazed. I mean... wow. Thank you for this poem.
Fiontari chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
"Acceptance stings your hand and they tingle strongly/as you begin to feel again." I love that line; the fuel of the fire. Poetry from the heart is such a joy to read. Embrace the warmth. God Bless You for who you are.
Hawke
bach-player chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
nice job...similarity in last line of each stanza nice touch. rich language throughout