Reviews for Renew
Jnan chapter 1 . 12/31/2005
I thought your song was pretty good the only thing that I didn't really like was the rhyming pattern. It veried almost every verse, but thats not a huge problem, and I thought the song still sounded good. I suppose not having all the verses rhyme in the same pattern isn't actually bad, I'm not much of a song writer. Keep writing.

sincerly,Jnan
Plastick Haruka chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
This is awesome. It's really powerful piece. I especially love the line "Let the Spirit shine through." D
milhistbuff1 chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
I feel the power in this piece. the ultimate sacrifice is for your beliefs. The only question is will that sacrifice be in vain? -Raw, touching. - Matt
Unmerciful-fate chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
simply put...wow. Nice job :) It flows well and I love the way your worded it
Stephen chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
You were saying that you were listening to a lot of hardcore christian stuff, it's definitely good, i can see that like in living sacrifice or demonhunter or something, good stuff
Icy Arya chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
hi there!:D rememeber me? haha..) I love the concept of your composition. I also like your choice of words...) it makes me have implication that it's a rock song..) keep up the good work!
XClara chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
I agree with pretty much everyone else who reviewed, I love the first verse. The whole poem is amazing. I listen to metal all the time, and this is definetly a bit different. You have a style of your own... and it's amazing the way you use it.
miss.aishaj chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
This is amazing Matthew, as always _ Rot the flesh away/Let the spirit shine through/had enough of me/I want more of you. That verse really spoke to me in some way. You really do have a talent, don't you forget that! Awesome job, keep it up! Much Love, Suicidal_Greeting.
P.S. In my story "Campbell's Revenge" I used your name without even knowing! I thought of it and I thought it sounded familiar but I used it anyway. If you have any concerns with me using your name feel free to e-mail me or contact me.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
That was really good! I could practically hear the music in my head as I read it, it's got a really good beat to it and the words flow well. Great job Matthew! :)
Fave part: "Had enough of me / I want more of You"
freethephoenix chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Powerful, God bless you. Beautiful, and powerful.
Amen.
Fiontari chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
"..Let the Spirit shine through/Had enough of me/I want more of You." You'd make a killer song writer 'cause this is just awesome. Wonderful as always.
Hawke
Cari-anne chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
Hey that's a wonderful poem, it's so great to see how much you love God. All we can ask for is for Him to change us to whatever we need. Just open our hearts to Him and let everytihng else go because it really doesn't matter.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
once again, I don't think it can get any better and then you amaze me again. Simplistic in its form, but through that it becomes so incredibly powerful. The very first stanza/chorus part is my favorite. It captured me from the moment I read it and as I continued to scan the lines I couldn't help but read it aloud as a prayer of sorts in my desperate desire to have just this happen... to be molded anew. Your work never ceases to amaze and uplift me.
Jezzzter chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
i like it, though it was kind of hard to see the tempo it goes at, but i liked it none-the-less
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
I like this, you get your point across in a very personal way but also lets the reader relate. Keep up the good work.
Much love,