Reviews for Writer's Block
Lizzykai chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
Very insightful. It contrasts with other views I've heard... one is that the real writers are the ones who force it. Writing shouldn't come "easily" or be based on inspirations. Writers that have the determination and discipline to write when they feel like they have nothing left are the true writers. Just as we struggle through difficulties...

That's not my personal opinion, and I agree with yours more, but I thought that the different takes were interesting ;

"Willow gives inspiration." I'll have to try that sometime.

Nice work :D
Duskamber chapter 1 . 7/13/2005
That is some good advice...i should try it sometime.

SOME ADVICE IN EXCHANGE FOR YOURS:Also, I read your wishes in your bio. When I first read your stuff, I thought you WERE a published author. YOu could become one...that is not a lie. Fear Not the Wolves and others could be easily considered. Amelia atwater-rhodes published a book when she was fourteen-younger then you. As for fencing and riding a horse...I do both. Both are simple and you should consider trying. (But both will give you bruises...)

Keep up the wonderful work!

Duskamber (your #1 fan!)
frhgdfgsdgrfhrghbvfctrd tycfhg chapter 1 . 10/9/2004
Hm, it is interesting hearing about how other people deal with writer's block. I like some of your methods, though I did find myself asking why you aren't allowed to use bug spray, but nevertheless, I thought it was a good piece, especially the paragraph about not forcing it. I thought that was very well written.
An-Author-At-Heart chapter 1 . 8/16/2004
Ah... a point every author on FictionPress can relate to! I'm so glad you wrote this essay. I think I really need to try some of your methods to help writer's block. To help me, I watch Lord of the Rings (depending on what I'm writing). I think it's best to read stuff that's in the category of what you're writing. Writing a thriller? Read a Stephen King novel or watch something by M. Night Shyamalan. Writing a children's fantasy? Watch the Wizard of OZ! Together, we can get through this! Sorry, I just had to type that. ANyway, you did a great job on this essay. Keep it up!
Dyyla Joi chapter 1 . 8/14/2004
Hey! I just thought, when I read your profile, that I might have found a kindred spirit. I'm 13, and I love writing too. This essay really makes me think of what happens to me when I get writer's block. Well, r/r me and I'll review more of you! I think you'll be a great writer someday.