Reviews for Guide to Writing Emotions
godfrey chapter 2 . 10/20/2015
Type your review for this chapter here...
gman chapter 2 . 11/19/2014
im a badman
Isra hafeez chapter 2 . 9/6/2013
It's was quite interesting. I wanted to ask how to write a story in which u want the second person to feel sorry?
Nessya chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Oh thank you very much, this is what every fine author needs to know about. When we write a story we must be careful to try to create with our words emotions on our readers, so thanks again )

**Nessya**
JackRabbit chapter 3 . 6/25/2005
Really cool line from one of Terry Pratchett's books:And she let out a roar that seemed to shake the sky. Very nice.
Dahlia Wolffe chapter 5 . 6/15/2005
This was pretty helpful, but there is one more thing I was thinking you could add, maybe? I have trouble making most of my characters show remorse, sadness. Most of my characters (in the action stories of mine) are like Beatrix Kiddo, The Bride in Kill Bill, if you've ever seen it. I tried to make her show love, but it just doesn't seem right. Maybe you could add a chapter in that would maybe expound on combating that problem? At any rate this guide was helpful. I wish there were more things up like this!
Dahlia Wolffe chapter 4 . 6/15/2005
This chapter mainly interested me because it mentioned how to write insanity. I never have, because in the back of my mind I never thought it would come out right and I'm really not that good at even amnesia. And I totally agree that I'd rather be sane and handicapped than insane and whole. Totally. And what you said about breaking your spirit. Deep stuff, huh? Well, on to despair.
Dahlia Wolffe chapter 2 . 6/15/2005
Honestly, I never really needed help writing sadness cause it always just came naturally- not to be all holier than thou. But this will probably help me to be aware of it and perhaps sharpen my skill. This is pretty dang helpful!
Dahlia Wolffe chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Seems interesting so far, and helpful. I could take these things into mind myself.
Chibi-Akemi chapter 5 . 6/14/2005
I've enver met a writer that would give his/her time to write a guide like this. Thanks a lot! You've helped me a bit!
poetic abortion chapter 5 . 6/1/2005
this is really helpful! you really should continue this, I've learned a fair share on writing from this and I really want to learn more. :( hope to see an update soon! *waits patiently* over all, I have to say this is one of the most inspiring and helpful essay I have come acrosee yet!

!~* noelle *~!
orangepen23 chapter 5 . 10/28/2004
I think your ideas are starting to get slightly better. I really liked the word infelicity. Very colorful. I'm begining to think it might not be the greatest idea to have events that lead to the emotion, because then young authors may simply use one of your suggestions and that's almost... I don't know... an exercise. Nice writing.
Rach chapter 5 . 10/23/2004
HI! nice to see you back. um intresting chapter.
good work work keep it up
please update soon
see ya
Terryll Preston chapter 4 . 9/11/2004
I found your guide to describing emotions in writing to be very informative and an all around good read. Some of the techniques that you describe here, I use. Some of the others, I do not. But after reading this, I will attempt to impliment a few new ideas into my future writings. Emotion is one of the most important aspects of any story. Without a good use of it, it would become very hard for a reader to show any kind of interest in the characters portrayed there within. Therefore, as I have stated before, I think that this guide is a wonderful idea and should greatly aid those new to writing fiction. Thank you for the lessons. I shall try to make the most of them.
still2twisted
RedFerret16 chapter 4 . 8/21/2004
Hmm...*wondering*
This is a very important chapter for my story. But...it seems like you haven't really classified the kind of insanity that I have going. Maybe its...unclassifiable (sp?). What /would/ being a prisoner of your own mind be classified as?
Well, I await next chapter. Seeing as there will be a lot of that in later chapters...
Thanks, kayla!