Reviews for CRDP: Case Files
Chantrea Johari chapter 19 . 1/24/2005
Oh dear. And I said I *didn't* want Gun to turn emotionless. Hehe...just kidding. All joking aside, I think that the chapter was wonderfully written. A story really is nothing without angst; in the absense of it, one does not grow such an intense attachment to the characters as I have grown to yours. I think it's a great idea artistically for the story, even if it does make me want to cry. T_T

I can honestly say that I like everything from this chapter. Things that I can especially mention, though, were when Adir remarked that Gun and Archer were 'tearing at each other's souls'. Absolutely beautiful and very eloquently put, and I may be a sadist, but I love seeing people in that sort of pain (both Adir's pain at their treatment of each other and their own). Well, I don't *love* it per se, but it's one of the things that pulls at my heartstrings. Adir's inability to be touched by Mercer was absolutely heartbreaking.

I can also say that I adored that Archer was willing to tell Gunther 'no'. It definitely wasn't healty, what Gunther wanted, and it's pretty obvious that it wasn't what Archer wanted from the relationship either. The virginity bit was a tad surprising, but I can honestly say that it's a believable decision; since people (animals/things/creatures/whatever you'd refer to Archer as) mate for life (or at least I think that's what you've said ), it's clearly plausible that he hasn't been with anyone before in that way. If he had, barring the death of his mate, they would still be together, theoretically.

Gunther's breakdown was not surprising considering all the stress he's been under since...well, basically ever since he came in to the story. After all the terrible things that happened to him in such quick succession, it makes sense that he would have some sort of negative reaction to it. During the scene when he was holding the gun, I was staring at the screen going, "No, don't kill yourself!" and when he threw the gun away, I sighed to myself and said, "Okay, he's not going to kill himself." Then I got to the end of the chapter and I was like, "Goddamn it! He is!" XD XD It's sad that Gunther doesn't think that he has a place in this world. Still, after being abandoned by his family and told that he is a monster, rejected (at least in his mind) by Archer, and yelled at by Mercer for hurting one of the few people he *truly* cares for, I can imagine, at least in some remote way, how he could feel like that.

Again, I think this chapter was wonderful, and I commend you for writing it. As much as I like happiness and even beg for it from authors sometimes, I truly do enjoy raw angst, if it is done well. This certainly is one of those times when I prefer it over happiness. I think it was beautifully done, though please update soon! I'm on the edge of my seat here, wondering what's going to happen to Gunther...and everyone else, really. But mostly Gunther. I'm afraid for him. But God, I wonder how Archer feels about this. Poor everyone. T_T
Child-of-Eru chapter 19 . 1/24/2005
I love CRDP. I read Beginnings and got hooked. Soory I didn't review each chapter as I went along, but I'm being lazy. But, anyway, this is awesome. I was so waiting for the Archer and Gunther lemon, but I sorta hoped it'd help their relationship or something... I s'pose I shouldn't have expected it to be all 'happily ever after,' anyway. The only thing is, the spelling and grammar are killing me. It is getting better, but there are still some little things. If you ever need help, I'd feel priviledged to beta for you. ~Apo.
Jinny chapter 18 . 1/23/2005
Fuck, Heather. Just fuck.

And that is like the only time I will ever use that word. I have no other way to describe that last scene. My god, I feel for Gunther, I really do. To actually see that, and to know that the people who did it...My god.

What do I need to tell you other than you're an amazing writer, and as sad as your stories always seem to make me, I love them. Their so realistic, and even though they include things that most people don't believe, you make it seem as if it's just another day in the office. Like, Oh hi honey, what did you do at work today. Oh, nothing sweetie, just killed a couple of evil ghosts.

LoL. Okay, maybe that was a bad example. But you know what I mean.

Yeah, so...Gunther is really going to need Arch now, right? And Tony called Gunther 'Gunny' too? That's so sweet. I feel so so bad for Gunny right now though. But I guess since I can sort of relate to how he feels...

Anyway...I love you and I hope everything is going good for you.

Night

Julian
Serenade chapter 18 . 1/18/2005
Poor Gunther! I really hope things turn out for the best with him. With seeing this video and the stuff between him and Archer, he needs a break. Please update soon!
Chantrea Johari chapter 18 . 1/18/2005
Oh. my. God. The angst-value of this chapter is absolutely indescribable. The idea of the videotape of what happened to Gun was absolutely hearwrenching. I can just imagine how painful it would be for Gunther to watch, and for Archer as well (more for the reason, though, that it is painful to his mate).

Gunther's reaction to what happened between he and Archer made me sad...but it's not altogether unexpected. I can understand Gunther's reaction and subsequent outburst, but it's all just so...depressing. Archer must feel helpless in all of this. T_T

Adir too...he was in bad shape already and he seems to feel the constant need to save the people he cares about from everything. IT's a sweet impulse, but it can't be good for his health. He needs some time to recover, and to be held by Mercer. (All right, I'm not holding my breath for that; the angst in this case abounds...)

I hope that this case provides some development for Gunther and his control of his powers. It's been a subject that's been danced around for awhile, but I think that something traumatic in this way could be the trick...or at least, I hope so.

I hope, also that there's some non-violent sex between Archer and Gun in the future. Don't get me wrong; I loved the initial lemon, but I just yearn for it in the sappy part of my heart. It's so clear that Archer cares deeply for Gun, no matter how many times he turns it away.

But I digress. Great chapter, and I absolutely love, love, LOVE it. Of course, now I have to go back to taking notes on the unification for Germany for history class (which I was neglecting as I saw that this was updated). Now I'm going to be thinking about poor li'l Gunny through all of my homework! How will I ever concentrate? XD XD Just kidding. It's absolutely perfect, and I
Namishka chapter 18 . 1/18/2005
I didn't enjoy it to put it quite mildly. I was pissed at the military guys to put it in the least and the team seem to be falling apart a little bit by little bit and that stupid guy Taggart, just what does he know? And his guys in the CRDP...i think they're on the teams side so i'll let them go for now...but if i catch even a whif of them on Taggart's side i'll want to have a punch at them...*smiles dangerously with dagger in tow*...you know i just love to play with daggers...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
J.D. California chapter 18 . 1/18/2005
wms
who cares chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
i love it update soon with lots of gunny please [hugs gunny to self drooling]
Sheepie chapter 17 . 1/18/2005
FINALLY! I Finshed! I just finished this in school while I'm doing my Spanish homework. Lol. Took forever. People kept bugging me and I didn't want to read it while I had twenty IMs going because then I couldn't enjoy it properly. Ahem... now for the review part. -Grabs Pitch fork- you die. -beats viciously- DIE! My poor Gunny, can't believe you did that! Rawr.. anyways, beyond that I kinda expected something like that to happen. Cause honestly, it wouldn't work if it had been mushy, just not how their relationship is currently. The chapter was wonderful, can't wait for an update. Sorry for late review, good job!
Aharah Musici chapter 17 . 1/16/2005
I loved this, I really liked how gunther is starting to break down and accept that he likes Archer even if he is doing it in a realy wierd way...
chibi-jinx chapter 17 . 1/14/2005
Not the kind of lemon we were expecting, huh? Oh, with Gunny and Archer, it was rather foreshadowed...even though you still managed to put one of those insame twists on it.

Definitely not the kind I *wanted* but 1.) you can't have everthing and 2.) that would be so unrealistic.

Wow. I don't know what to think about that lemon. That was pretty intense...I was on the edge of my seat like "OMG this is not happening."

Amazing...Heather. Absolutely sensuous and absorbing, not to mention beautiful and utterly unnerving at times.
Serenade chapter 17 . 1/11/2005
Aw! The lemon! Poor Gunther. How is this going to effect Archer and Gunther's relationship? You must update soon!
Chantrea Johari chapter 17 . 1/11/2005
I think that the lemon between Archer and Gun was perfectly done! You're right; with all the angst and difficulty that they've had, it was a little surprising, but retrospectively, I know I should have expected it. It was heart-wrenching and beautiful and twisted all at once.

This case has me constantly intrigued. I'm insterested in what is going to happen next and whether or not Gunther is going to come out of it in one piece. I hope so.

Wonderfully written, as usual.
cursive love chapter 17 . 1/11/2005
That so brought tears to my eyes. Gunther is such a lost little puppy.
Namishka chapter 17 . 1/11/2005
that's just sad*lamenting about gun and arch's relationship* it's hopeless...waha!
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »