Reviews for The Body of Musical Exaltation
non.graceful chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I'll take wild guess because you said strings and I'm absolutely horrible with instruments: a harp

Yep told you! Stupid guess!
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Hmm, I really love the imagery in this one. It’s almost bordering a sexual desire here (or perhaps not, forgive me if I’m wrong), but there were definitely some images that jumped out at me. I’m afraid I can’t guess what this is, though. When you described “handsome golden Skin” I thought of gold instruments; the first being trumpet (which I used to play). Then I thought of a saxophone, but then you went on to describe “the grains and textures starkly fine” and I’m thinking of some sort of wood instrument.

I love this. Especially because I’m not sure what it is. It’s almost a riddle, and I think this is fantastic! Ha-ha. This even reminded me of music. There was something so smooth about it that really spoke to me. I totally just cheated and checked out your other reviews. Violin or some other stringed instrument totally makes sense, now that I think about it and have read it again. –face palm– Well, I never said I was clever. ;)
Skylinger chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Is is a violin? I am assuming a string instrument. The Golden color made me first think Harp but you don't need anything with hair to play on it. While I'm noit a poet or much of a poetry person your poem was easy to read. You also have me curious to know end! Nicely done.

~Skylinger
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 3/6/2007
makes my fingers ache...? I'm guessing its some kind of orchestra instrument? A violin or viola, maybe?

It was beautifully written and used a lot of detail. Nice work.
SweetAshley1500 chapter 1 . 7/6/2005
oh wow this was good! it must be a violin! i pay the violin and its fun. ha ha wow! i love all your storys too! keep it up
Furbs chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Hey this is Jaime! I remeber this assignment! Oh, who could ever forget an Eckley assignment. The object is a violin right? That's what I wrote my poem on too, but yours is a heck of a lot better. Excellent!
Twizzlers chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Wow. That was beautiful. I loved the words you used to describe...awesome imagery. This is a gorgeous poem, Alaina. Beautiful.
Rogue Penguin chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
About the harp, right? or another golden, stringed instrument...whatever the case, This is breathtaking. I was completely amazed by the flow and rythm. The descriptors and metaphors are phenomenal. Have you considered making writing a secondary career, or at least a frequent hobby? You have talent, no one can deny that. Keep up the splendid work!
Samantha Kensington chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
that was beautiful! i like how you captialized some of the words. it has great rythme too. is it a cello? or a violin? i'm guessing it's an instrument somewhere in that category. i hope to see more of your works around the site.