Reviews for Tana Fell
Love Lulu chapter 3 . 2/5/2007
Okay, to make you feel better, slap yourself on the wrist about Phoenix Overthrown...go ahead do it, I'll wait here...are you done? Good. Now, on to business...

I like how Miss Tana ended up back at the room, just like planned (faeries are honery little buggers) and talk about Lionel reminds me of Gregory! Good ol' Gregory who's gone through Hell in a handbasket...twice. *sigh* Anyways, this is getting good missy and I hope to see more of this soon. (though, PTGS is the one with a deadline...hint hint)

Much love,

Lulu
Love Lulu chapter 2 . 2/5/2007
Why does Tana remind me of you when you are either A. bored B. hyper on sugar/caffeine or C. in general? Hm...very interesting. I can just picture all of this happening too which kind of worries me a little...

But, you've got a few spelling errors, missy! Nothing too horrid, but they are there. tsk tsk...your editor is disappointed.
Virage chapter 4 . 2/5/2007
And my Tana Fell marathon comes to its dramatic end. I have no more chaps to read. I shed a literal tear in the sense of literature not the actual physical manifestation of literal which would impy I am actually crying though I only wanted to convey a metaphore. Ahem, yeah, so the beginning was slightly depressing and I have to say I'm really looking forward to seeing those dots get connected. If you can pull it off, I would die from UAO, Uber Awesomeness Overdose.

It's your story, but I would like to make one teeny suggestion, well a major one really. It sounds like this is third person limited, which is kind of like omnipotence to a single character in a third person...but you probably already knew that. Anyway, I think you should keep it that way. I like how Tana is practically narrating bits and pieces of the story via thought processes and quips about her obvious bias against other characters. If you can, only show her mental thought processes and not the others'. It's just a teensy suggestion and exceptions will apply, but I think you've got a wonderful voice going on right now and should explore it more. I challenge another review to say otherwise! Not really, but to each their own. And I love the descriptions and big vocab words. I like them because they makes me feel smart.

Great story, wonderful characters, and what a dam of potential. I'm going to keep an eye out for this one.
Virage chapter 3 . 2/5/2007
Before I forget, the part about ditching boot camp, omglolzwtfroflbbq. That was really funny. I was actually going to ask why she was even in a bootcamp because she was royalty (I was going to stick this question in my spiel about critiquing nd how this story doesn't need to be that realistic because you could just sort of make it up as you go along (which was in my last review)) but right, yeah, so I'm glad I kept my mouth shut. Which is why this part of the chap was just really really funny to me.

I feel like I owe you an apology. I'll admit, having never read any of your stuff, I thought you were a casual writer just fooling around. But after the name drops of poplar and baritone as well as some of your descriptions and prose, you're a much better than I thought. If you wrote a serious story, which you may or may not have, I need to look at your profile one of this minutes, I bet it would be a knockout story. But I do like the one sentence summary of everything that led up to this story (the part with drugging Krem and stealing the ancient royal thing).

So yeah, this story is oh so very interesting because of your crazy zanniness laced with moments of die hard seriousness.
Virage chapter 2 . 2/5/2007
Aww, shorter than the first chap, but awesomely great. The way Tana's mind processes thoughts is so a wonderful insight. And lol, the Rebel King is such a pussy willow. But unusual characteristics are always what make characters great.

On a sidenote, it's odd that princesses I've been reading about are all so bossy/bitchy and stuck up. Obviously, it would seem like their personality would tend to shift that way (show me royalty that isn't arogant in some way and I'll show you another Disney movie). But it's depressing because the princess/es in one of my stories is the classic innocent, friendly, amiable type...which makes me wonder if I should change it.

Fern Gully! Yeah...good times. Thanks lol, now I slumber in peace.

Good chapter. I'm sorry I can't offer any insightful critique, but these genre of stories (crazy wacky hilariousness) are in a league of their own. You can practically do what you want and it'll fit the story just fine as long as it's kinda funny. Ooh, but on another sidenote, very nice beginning. At first I thought it was some kind of poem done as a kind of fanfic to yourself, but it was bursting without beautiful imagery. Was Tana really dreaming all that or thinking of it while she was konked? The first few paragraphs are so different than the rest of the story, it's actually a really nice juxtaposition. Almost like a moment of silence. Very well done, and really beautiful.
Virage chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
I have to say, this is one of the best randomish stories I've ever read in quite a while. That's not to say this story is random! I can see a great plot beginning to form and the characters are adorable. Best visual ever was trying to imagine to tiny faerie girls in a cat fight. I laughed. I laughed alot. But I love how the characters were shown; their interactions (Tana and the Sarge, Tana and Breena, Tana and Breena's father(lol)). I'm going to read more of this, but I hope it's updated regularly, or in a decently timed manner. I will die of depression if this story falls to the wayside like so many other stories.

The style was a little strange to me, but it was really amusing. The narrator sounds like another hidden character who's with you (as in the reader) all the time but isn't really a character I guess? But it's a voicey narrator, that's for sure. Reading this story filled my head with that one fairy movie that came out a long time ago. The one with that construction worker dude who gets shunk down and then with the help of a fairy saves the forest from some ancient evil that was released because the forest cutters chopped down some ancient tree. Lol, what the hell was that movie...this is going to bug me all week now. I digress.

Great story! (not the movie, but this one (though as a kid, the movie was pretty good imo lol))
Fuu Hououji1 chapter 2 . 1/8/2005
WHAT? You don't know what Artemis Fowl is? Well, I can tell you one thing, and that's that it's most definately NOT a FP story. No way. Uh-uh. It's a published book by Eoin Colfer. Look it up sometime. It's one of three, so . . . yeah. Well, let's just say that your story REALLY reminds me of it. Sort , nice chapter. I'll be looking for more.

-FuuHououji
Love Lulu chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Hey there, Mandy-chan! I like your new story and I'm wondering where you will take it. So, you know the drill. Keep on with the writin'!
Terryll Preston chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Your story is pretty good. I found a few grammar mistakes here and there, but nothing that a little proofreading wouldn't take care of. Um, about your italics question, have you tried to save your writing as a web page on Microsoft Word (I don't know if you can do it on WordPerfect seeing as I only have Windows 98 and not XP, but you should be able to)? That's what I usually do and my italics come out just fine in the final posting to FictionPress. Well, I hope this little tip will work for you. Anyways, keep up the good work!
See you next review!
Fuu Hououji1 chapter 1 . 8/18/2004
Yay! Great story! I like it a lot! Very cute. Gotta love paranoid faeries and all that.
Sorry, don't know about the italics question. For thought, I just put the words inside a single quote instead of a double. 'Like so.'
Yeah, anyway, this somehow reminded me of Artemis Fowl. Sort of. But good plot! Keep up the good work! Yay.
-FuuHououji