Reviews for Taboo Conclusion
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
This poem is beautiful alone for it's stark honesty, and it's the simplicity within it that really drives it home. I like how you quietly hinted at the concept of wabi-sabi, and that to be human means that we MUST be flawed, meaning that those who are immaculate are somehow inhuman. Honestly, beatuiful. The title, also, I loved, and summed up the poem wholly: Taboo Conclusion! I love it!
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Confronting our own weaknesses and turning them into strengths makes up better people. The way I see it as you wrote is when people are so misinformed, so unorganized, and only see what interests them they cannot see their own fauts. When they do this, they are seperate from the rest of the world in a sense.

The second way I looked at your use of the word 'flaws' is the idea that people are attracted to other people's imperfections and habits. These imperfections aren't realy imperfections at all, but it's what makes up unique.

Nicely done. I haven't done a haiku in a long time, but isn't there a 5-7-5 rule? I see you did 4-3-4... I don't remember, however that might've been the other rule. Or was it 3-4-3. Oh nevermind.

Keep writing

- Julian
KingdomRain chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
short yet sweet, all in all i loved it
i-kill-4-fun chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
deep. i love it. its my newest quote
Unfairy chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
interesting, i like the 6-5-4 format, i should try that...
Teperehmi chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Great work. I loved it!
kerbieflaw chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
i don't usually read haiku, but i think there's something about this one that strikes me. it's really meaningful... and it set me thinking. i know some other reviewer has said it too, but... we're all human, and we make mistakes. but we learn from them, and that's what makes us a better person. to accept our mistakes, to take it, and move ahead. thanks for the kind review.
Lonely Jaguar chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Nicely written. Great poem pointing out humanity's perfection of its flaws that pretty much I and almost everyone else can relate. Once again, nicely written, keep up the work.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Pithy algorithm for our souls. -m-
p.s.
Flawed life flows from high,
Perfect gossamer thread bright-
In the summer light.
-m-
Nameless Melancholy chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
Hahaha - I love the title. This poem is very clever. To be quoted )
Nikhil (The Indian Coconut)
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
Beautifully written, wonderfully told. I admire your writing, and you've got talent for writing haikus, and your wording is simply superb. It was an interesting persepctive, and I think that many people could learn from this piece. Flaws are what make us all human.
chibichocobo
bach-player chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
i usually don't read haiku...but utterly enjoyed this!
FELICIA-SPENCER chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
I can totally relate to this. I loved the part that you said that there was perfection in your flaws. That I get. Awesome work. Loved it.
The Moribund Marionette chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
I've read a lot of haiku, and I was under the impression that the rhythm was "5-7-5", but a lot of the haiku writers on the site usedifferent patterns. Is it still a haiku if it uses a different rhythm then such?
I liked the poem a lot. It was very expressive, in so few words!
(Thanks for the review, it was appreciated. :) )
Writer of Darkness
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
ah i liek it... very true in an ironic way