Reviews for Balcairn
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Short but nice, as this poem said what it had to say. Very nice job, keep it up .
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
WOW.

Such a strong message in such a short poem, I love it. It makes the reader continue to think of the implications. A great thought!

fleur
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
Oh! How perfectly you summed up those feelings of unworthiness everpresent in relationships. I loved it! And I also loved the bluntness of it. It wasn't flowery, or full of symbolism. It was straight to the point!

Superb.

- Clap Trap, Review Marathon (link in my profile)
Summerdazed chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
i know how this feels...amazing how even such few words can make a masterpiece. anyway, i stumbled across your page and am amazed at the number of works you have! _ review me if you're free.

summerdazed
x.Insanely Serene.x chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
wow... i can't believe how... that hit deep... i really liked it!
MaryJane chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
Hey,
Wow, great work. Simple but just plain awesome. Keep writing!
Bless.
frugale chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Well, it sure wasn't a haiku (5-7-5), but who can scold you for putting an eight-word poem in the haiku section?
Great piece of work, simply pure contrast put into words.
i-kill-4-fun chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
its so deep in such a small peice of work.
Rhamantus chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
I think this has the potential to be a good poem, but there are a couple of things worth mentioning about it:
- It's not really a haiku; I guess that just means it's misfiled, but yeah. A haiku is made of 3 lines with a syllable pattern of 5-7-5 (I hear it's a bit of a different concept in Japanese, but not speaking the language, I don't understand it). A haiku is not just a short poem.
- There's not much to this poem. I don't mean in length; a short poem can say a lot. However, there are only two key words in this poem: "beauty" and "ugliness". Both of these are abstract words, and as such don't convey anything specific to the audience. After all, beauty and ugliness mean different things to different people. I like the idea, though; if you expanded it, it would be an excellent poem. I hope I didn't sound too harsh.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
Damn that's so powerfully sad.
Well Done
Keep Writing!
F.C
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Ah, another haiku.. I like it, straight to the point. Awwhh I know how you feel if this is coming from experience.
Jenna xoxo
Black Earrings chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Damn...this Haiku rocks! I felt power in your words, though there were few. Your pen is your sword, so run with scissors! I don't know what that means. I just made it up right now. See? THAT'S how much I like this poem. It inspired me right away.
BrokenDreamsAtMidnight13 chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
I think you said it all! Trust me i know how it feels!
Peace
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Stark thought. -m-
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 1 . 8/21/2004
I think that this was wonderfully written, and the comparison was nicely pulled off, though I personally don't think that you're ugly :) Keep up the wonderful work. Hasta luego.
chibichocobo
G-Unit: I think you're beautiful on the inside. Don't worry what's on the outside. Read my Shadows of Darkness. I'm on chibichocobo's favorite list.
G-Unit