Reviews for Of Darkness and Light
Unknown Unnamed chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
This could make a great Christian rock song. Or just religious rock song, you know. Spiritual. Ahh.. if you're not Christian sorry if I offended you. LoL. I never say the right things. But yeah, this was really good. I liked it. The imagery was a bit gross, but the ugly truth speaks loudly and is unbreakable. Awesome!
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
WOOT! I did it! I reviewed every single one of your uploaded poems. I hope your inbox didn't have a horrible fit and die *guilty look*. Anyway, I really enjoyed this poem, espcially the lines:
There are times
When my soul walks blindfolded
When no voice answers back when I call out
When my prayers spiral down into nothingness
When Bitterness howls at me "Where is your Light?"
But I steady myself with Faith
And when the blindfold falls away
I can just relate to it.
Love,
Hawke
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
ah wow. and omg you dont update as often as you used to either... i thought youd have at least 300 by now, lol. ah well. again, great poem. as always ;)
Ryan Patrick Bailey chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
I think this is the first Fiction Press poem in a really long time that I have actually felt somewhat...connected to its meaning. I really loved the repetition throughout, as you continued to keep the tempo and chorus-like phrase "Light yet exists." Great job with the writing, too, Matt. I hope I get to see more of your work soon, my friend. One little problem with this poem, though-I want more!
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Woah. You have yet to write a poem that did not stun me. This is perfect, and wonderful, and reflects too well something which I need desperately to learn. This is wonderful. I especially love:
"Darkness can makes us stronger
Can be a forge for our souls
But the Light lets us Live"
Simply stunning. You have such amazing talent. Thank you for gracing us all with this.