Reviews for Eye for an Eye
Cthulhu chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
Engageing agreement mode.
grim-dreamer chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
And that's why there couldn't possibly be a God. The Bible is imperfect; He is (supposedly) perfect, therefore he didn't write the book?
The Bible's use of logic is undeniably (-) weak.
('Quite' decreases the power of the line.)
sweetangelofdarkness chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
I'm not sure if this is really a poem or just a piece of writing but whatever it is I don't care! I totally agree with you about the bible. Sure, there might be some nice stuff in there but I find it irritating when people quote it in arguements. Just because its in some random book written by guys you know nothing about about a dude who was probably a madman doesn't mena a dman THING.
GypsyMothra chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
I definitely agree. I wouldn't want to live my life the way a book tells me too. Wonderful and nice points.
I-Love-Heero chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Well written and true, down to the last letter. Keep up the good work!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
the bible is very hypoctitical... very true poem
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
this was very thought provoking. you have a great way with words. lovely poem.
diphenhydramine chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
holy cow LOVE. i LOVE this piece. it's so true! and we can't forget how well-written, too!
WarriorHeart chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
Indeed.
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
I do not understand Christians who do not follow Christ. True Christians should love their enemy, and not judge anyone as worse than they are. This mean NO missionary work, NO gay-bashing, and NO intolerance of any kind! It fascinates me hom many callthemselves Christian, including our pResident, and yet are not really Christian at all!
Nice poem, again. Jessika, you are a true blessing to this world! Sweet, smart and sexy! *smiles* your online pal ... John
Linnet chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
I agree muchly. ) Nice poem here, and the message is very true. Thanks for your review on "Wraiths"-it's very much appreciated!
-Linnet
Louellena chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
I must disagree...
(KJV)
Leviticus 24:20
20 Breach for breach, eye for eye,
tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a
blemish in a man, so shall it be done
to him again.
and
Matthew 5:38-39
38 Ye have heard that it hath been
said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth
for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist
not evil: but whosoever shall smite
thee on thy right cheek, turn to him
the other also.
One must look at the verses surrounding as well, and related passages to get the full picture.
It is for God to decide the punishment, not man (aside from the judges appointed on Earth). Man didn't choose in Leviticus, God did.
(I'm not all that good at analyzing things, and my understanding's not perfect, but whose is?)
NatalieC chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Wow... this illustrates exactly how I feel. I love the message you have here, it's very strong. :)
tofujunky chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
I worship you - not in a religious sense, of course. I honestly have nothing more to add.

O most wondrous gentle mortal, I praise thee.
KristyASoroka chapter 1 . 8/22/2004