Reviews for Magicademy
Iceleaf chapter 32 . 12/20/2012
Why is this story not published? It is certainly good enough.
I rather like your style of writing. I look forward to reading the other Magicademy stories.
Kathi chapter 33 . 11/22/2012
I just wanted to tell you that this is the most funny story I ever read!
I'm a big fan of your writing style & wish that you'll never stop writing.
Love this, really!
Good work!
Htaed is Death backwards chapter 21 . 4/3/2012
You know, my boyfriend's great and I love him, but sometimes I wish everybody could have a relationship as amazing as Jacob and Dhaiiski's
Literary Dark Horse chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I have to say this is a very original premise and ready for a good time :)
Ezekiel Finch chapter 2 . 7/13/2011
Hi there!

I think Aidis making Jacob's oatmeal quote Shakespeare is the highlight of this chapter. It's not only quirky and funny but it also shows the properties of magik. An act of showing is eons better than just getting the lecture on the properties of magik. And besides, who doesn't love oatmeal quoting classical literature?

What works really well in this chapter is how you flip back and forth between Aidis and Jacob. You start with them together and you end the chapter with them together. You have no need for transitions so you don't utilize them. It is simply a crisp and quick look at one then look at the other. It's sharp and it keeps the narrative pace up. There's nothing worse than a book that just won't get to a scene quick enough.

Overall, awesome work!

Ezekiel Finch
Ezekiel Finch chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Hello out there!

I don't know if it's the insomnia or the fact that it's now five in the morning here in California but I'm absolutely in love with this piece. It's well written, it's funny, it has magic spelled with a "k" (and who doesn't love that?), and it's about college which I can relate to perfectly.

Your main character is well balanced, acting as both the narrative veichle and as his own character. He is observant by being too observant. He never comes off as bland or boring because of his role as the narrative veichle. He's someone we can all see in our heads without being too generic. But also, his observance becomes his personality and his own little quirks. His lack of exposure to magik in Modesto really shapes him into this naieve character who is trying to survive in a new world. It's culture shock at every level. He's a kid alone from the first time, he's a human in a brave, new, magical world, and of course he's a student trying to survive. How he copes with all of these dramatic changes is a question that can only be answered with time.

The way you handle magik at this point is perfect. We readers are able to dip our toes into the history, the way it functions, and the universe as it is today without being assaulted by a lecture on "The Magical Discourses, a Discussion, the introduction to the Prolouge." We understand the basic premise and that's good enough to keep us out of the dark. I understand how elemental magik connects to Enviromental Studies and how Sorcery connects to Enginnering. It makes sense and that's good enough for now.

I'm a comedy writer and the hardest thing for authors in my genre is to pull off the running gag. Usually the joke loses it's punch around the third time around and by that time we readers are just rolling our eyes in complete distaste. But you constantly provide new material and new insight into Jacob's orgins which makes the Modesto joke fresh every time around. It's not overused to the point of ad nauseum but it's there enough to be the running gag.

In general, I'm hooked. This is a fantastic story and I'm going all in.

Ezekiel Finch
Racke chapter 31 . 6/1/2011
Wow. This is a great story.

Crazy antics, magic all around, finals, demonic possession, elves, dwarfs, drunk people, and a myriad of colors. It never gets boring, and the characters truly do feel more alive than many real people I've met.

Not much more to say... just, Good Job... I'm going to go read the sequels now.
FreeToDream chapter 33 . 10/5/2009
Hi, again. 2nd time reading this and I'm falling more and more in love with the characters. That would be totally awesome if this was made into manga, (I just became totally obsessed with anime) I've read the rest of the series, and I'm probably going to finish for the second time right now. Keep writing and good luck!
FreeToDream chapter 13 . 10/3/2009
This is my second time reading magicademy, just figrued u should know that when Adis tells his mom that Cassida is a twilight elf you refer to Aidis as Jacob. Thought u should know great story/writing!
Sakiru Yume chapter 3 . 1/19/2009
Nice. I liked the chapter, and the story in general. As of right now, I only have one question: was what he was chanting in to do the spell Japanese. And if it was, what did it say in English?
Victoria Andromeda chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
I like this so far, I haven't finished it yet but I do like it.
For What Its Worth chapter 33 . 6/21/2008
Did you manage to get it published as a manga? It really does read like a manga. Except for the lack of pictures. lol. All of your characters are very interesting and seem to come to life. So much so this is me just remembering to go back and review ALL of the stories. They seemed to flow into one another. Despite the leaps in time.
Owl344 chapter 18 . 4/11/2008
Yees! Once again, I say: Go Jacob! I had Steve and co. pegged to defeat him for sure.
Owl344 chapter 16 . 4/11/2008
All magic, for infinity? At least, that's what I got.

By the way, I realized that I forgot to compliment you on your grammar and spelling. They're quite good.
Owl344 chapter 11 . 4/11/2008
I quite like this chapter. Really, I did.

Just one minor thing (and it actually is minor):

What's positive about living sans weather? I know I'd miss winter. And also: RAIN? WINDY? No offence meant, but Merlin! Does Modesto ever have wimpy weather. Jacob should visit Canada-we have REAL snow storms up here!
236 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »