Reviews for The Trumpet
Little Midnight chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Band is like the mob, once you get in it's so hard to leave... It's almost like a cult... Minus the animal sacrificing.
Agent Awesome chapter 1 . 6/16/2006
haha I loved it! I play the trumpet too, only I don't have this much... difficulty anymore. Lol.

Oh, and I just wanted to point out that a trumpet is a brass instrument, not a woodwind. ;)
Senkai Ninja chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
great! My story is now up all...2 chapters of it :P ;; I have about 8 or 9 more to upload but 1 review equals 1 chapter! even if it is flames
Mecha Scorpion chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
It's me! Anyway, when I was going to take an instrument I remember thinking things like this. It's hilarious. "Throat bleeding..." "tears..." "hyperventilation..." hm, forgot trauma...
pointythings chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Hi! pointythings here. Just thought I'd R&R all your poems(I'm not really into the kind of stories you write, sorry). Thanks bunches for putting me on your fave author's list! It really means a lot to me.
I like that in this poem you make it seem all serious and then on the last line you show it's a joke. It took me totally by surprise b/c I hadn't realized it was humor. I also like that you have a rhyme scheme, but no conrete rhythm. That shows creativity and flexibility.
However, the 6th verse is a bit confusing. Was the trumpet hyperventilating? And I don't really think the word hyperventilating is very poetic. You might want to rethink that. And maybe you shouldn't tell us that the kids are concerned; show us instead. It's one of my pet peeves-the old "show don't tell" policy is very important to me.
Overall I really liked it though! I'll be reading the rest of your stuff soon, but now it's dinner time. g2g!