Reviews for Shifter
Rutoh-Chan chapter 1 . 6/12/2006
Wow, cool story. I like it very much. It was very in depth, explaining everything about the world it was created in while being a short story. The characters were consistent as well. Very good.
Eirian Rhianu chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
this is amazing. you deserve to have won that contest!
giulia elisabetta chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
Wow. This was considerably longer than I had expected, but quite intriguing. You don't happen to have other ideas floating around about this Shifter character, do you? Obviously we aren't meant to know everything about...it...but I'm still curious. I loved it! julia
ForeverTwilightForeverDawn chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
I like it! The suspense endures all the way to the end. I think you should have broken it up into chapters, though, because I had a hard time finding my place when I had to stop. Great story!
inayica bluefire chapter 1 . 8/9/2005
Very good! I enjoyed this story very much. Congrats on winning the contest- this is a worthy story.
aren3 chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
Wow. I love this story! This is undoubtedly the best story about a shapeshifter I've ever read. The tone is fantastic and Shifter is a very memorable character.
Treyl chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
You've created a hell of a character here. Great story, though I'd certainly like to know more about what happens. Will there be any more Shifter stories?
Amican chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
Well-written, and some interesting ideas. I like the concept of altering chance, as well as Shifter's showing emotions but not feeling them, and the really twisted irony at the end.
One thing, just for readability: This is long enough to be broken up into chapters, or at least have some sort of break put in between scenes so you can find your spot if you don't read it all at once.
Blah246 chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
This is good, it deserved to win that contest. If only it were longer... but it doesn't matter. good shit, I'll make sure to read ur other stuff.
Azn-ArchAngel chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
:) no wonder u won! :) nice story .. are u gonna write more chapters for it?
alsdjf chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Sao: You know, I do think this is your best work so far. I loved the way you kept the suspense about Shifter, even in the end.
Anni: Not to mention that because he doesn't react like normal people and nothing normal happens around him, how he was going to react to the news or what was going to happen was always vague.
Sao: However, I do not like the fact that they tried to kill him. I would have thought that Luenn, at least, would have been against it, seeing how she was the closest to him. So wrong, really.
Anni: Yeah, they're lucky that he considers them his friends. The bastards. I don't like them. I hope a pale elf finds them on their way out of the Vastdark.
~Sao & Anni
maniwasjustaweirdkid chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Wow.
I'm seriously blown away by this story as much as I am in love with it's characters. You're skilled... ENTIRELY and I look foreward to seeing more from you.
I'm really into the idea of perhaps seeing another story with Shifter? Perhaps not. It's all in the mind and heart of the author. _
Anyway, I'm truely impressed, have put this not only among my favorite stories, but also favorited this particular page. Great stuff... I'm going to reccomend a few friends read this as well.
_
Thanks for keeping my mind busy.