Reviews for A Poem Free of Italics
anon. person- I'm just going to cut down the name for good chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
I've realized, you have this amazing talent to incorporate two major ideas into poems. This was describing the speaker's desk and also describing the speaker's feelings on how good ideas slip away and don't come back, leaving you with nothing significant. One idea is always a bit stronger than the other. That's a really cool way to write! I loved zee poem, by the way.
Alone in the Desert chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
Bless you, dear, it is very rare, and it's also quite good. I can empathize with this because I've felt so often like I'd never completed anything significant, but the other side of it is, of course, that it's the mark of a life still in progress, work left to be done. And yet, the angstier interpretation is sometimes necessary.
To critique on a more objective (or at least atylistic) note, perhaps your point is just a touch over-emphasized, at least in the realm of imagery. Also, I have issues with the short succession of "half-empty"/"half-obscured" in lines 3 and 4, though I can't seem to come up with an alternative.
Heather Montgomery chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Wow. Brilliant poem, Kitty. I just love your poetry.. it's always so beautiful and mature.
And, nine iron, read all of Kitty's works, because they're all wonderful!
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Wow... beautiful, Kitty Dear. I don't know what else to say about it. The imagery, the emotion.. it's all wonderful.
nine iron chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
I chose this out of the crowd because of its mature sounding title compared to the rest. It picked a spot in my mind and stuck, I just had to read it. I have a strong feeling towards this work, it feels like my own style so I can read and enjoy it very easily but it is of such quality and written with obvious talent that I could ney have penned this piece. You have talent I have only seen in a few writers on this site. One is a writer who has books a pleanty published, Christine Redman Waldeyer. She is very good and posts here. Keep writing and please reccomend me other works of your to read.
Thankyou