Reviews for The Opposite of Denial
the cereal killer chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
That was painful. I can't believe I've never read anything else by you before, because you are so amazing.
"seven-tone eyes and/earthswept hair with freckles/in your laugh to carry/him who needs/no one and everyone"
You make me feel so terrible for writing poetry that's so seemingly long-winded as compared to yours.
Sugar On The Asphalt chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Oh god, this is my favorite poem.
It knoweth all. What imagery. What smell.
Congratulations.
JazzPizza chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
I adore this. I really can't say anything else at the moment; only that as haunting as this is, I believe "him who needs" is probably more grammatically correct as "he who needs"...that is all.
Project Autumn chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
I love this. I love the musical references, and the beautiful descriptions you use. You describe certain things like no one else does, and yet the descriptions make perfect sense as if they've been used forever. The last stanza is absolutely wonderful; it's one of those endings that makes you go "Ohh," at the end, if you follow my meaning. :) Your artistic wording is amazing. So good.
Paste on Smile chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
wow. I just read that multiple times...abslutlely wonderful
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
oh wow. this is unmeasurably beautiful. i love this to absolute death.
this is britt chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
your metronome
& his
pulse on the same measures
Beautiful, jaw-droppingly so.
zelle chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
...
heart. break.
I want to hug you now. Can I hug you? 'Cause that last stanza was what did it.
You broke me, woman.
amber chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
wow that's really beautiful...I heart you Chris! ::hugs you tight:: maybe you need to truely unload on me sometime...lord knows I do it often enough to you.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
Wow, that was truly beautiful. I loved all of the abstract imagry and how you identified feelings with objects and moments in time, truly beautiful. Keep up the good work.
Much love,