Reviews for duplex
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 10/18/2006
my god :

you have to make this into a song. it's so perfect. the BEATS, man, the RHYTHM :P. absolutely gorgeous. so abstact & yet so... amazingly empathic & EVOCATIVE
Another Pseudonym chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
oh yay, nonsense!
adolescent poetry at its finest: the words make no sense, but it all has some vaguely decipherable meaning to it.
breakdown in the waiting room chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
This is one of my favourite poems on this site, quite possibly of all time. The subtle assonance, and especially the first stanza and last three lines- are pure genius. I love your work because you have to work to find the mean; your writing really commands attention.
-Jess
SiliconeInflatedHeart chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
you did rhymey wordies too! good job!
ylem chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
Oh. Fuck. *breathes* I think I love you. Truly. To some your play on words might just sound like a bunch of syllables jumbled together, but it really makes the sound of the poem. The whole theme was like a coming of age - /well i was on my bike sugar high the very first time/ like you're riding a tricycle, just moving through life, getting stoned, living, & yet you're so instrospective & immature. Like a television out of focus. So strange...
this is britt chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
Reminded me of "A Wolf At The Door" by Radiohead (great song). The urgency, the continuous pounding of it- well it was all very great, and it reaffirmed your stature completely as one of the best writers here in my head again and again.
la nuit mes yeux t'eclairent chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
ah, so i love the funky flow of this. the only constructive criticism i have is this: i see you were going for the similar end sound with "skippy walky to the rocky picky up..." that's really interesting, but i think "skip walk to the rock pick up..." works well enough on its own. it still has that element of rhyme/assonance and sounds a bit more sophisticated. other than that i thought this was absolutely amazing.