Reviews for English Adventure
PointlessStoriesAreMyThing chapter 14 . 3/31/2010
WHAT? GARY? SERIOUSLY? Do you WANT me to have a flipping heart attack?
PointlessStoriesAreMyThing chapter 2 . 3/31/2010
hahah, I must say, I really love Adam. He's just like me. *smiles*

...I THINK that's a good thing...
surfer-gal chapter 21 . 3/22/2010
i like it D

update soon!
lovesSlashFic chapter 21 . 2/20/2010
this story is great, it so awsome

i think stanley my fravourite charecter, he just so adorable

stanle and marcus forever

can t wait for an update
HPslashfan chapter 21 . 2/12/2010
I love it! When are you going to update! Please do it soon!
HPslashfan chapter 3 . 2/12/2010
Haha! I love it! I do wonder though, who is Adam going to end up with?

Is Standly going to be in the story more? I love him! haha!
LostGirl15 chapter 21 . 2/2/2010
OMG HAHA totally loved this chapter, PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE keep writing and update soon xoxox :)
S-Kee chapter 19 . 12/5/2009
Ugh I really can't read this anymore.

At first it was cute and funny but now it's just cruel. You realize that most of your readers are female and may take offense to your grossly inaccurate depiction of women right?
we are zombies chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
I wish I could enjoy this story as much as I did in its earlier chapters, but I can't. The misogyny is very irritating. I don't know if you're doing it on purpose or not, but so far some pretty terrible things have happened to your female characters, and the protaganists, even 'accepting and open' Adam, seem to be encouraging it.

I can understand if you put some of those scenes in to show that Gary is a gigantic douche to everybody, but when nobody calls him on it it's very jarring. ESPECIALLY when the characters we're supposed to like or sympathize with most - Adam and Tommy - make light of what he does. When Adam laughed at Gary telling the girl that she was a "snaggle-toothed bitch", he didn't gain an another dimension of personality. He became an ass and a tool though he was shown in the past to be a likable and amiable leader-type. An abrupt change like that wasn't explained, nor is it comfortable to read about. And Tommy telling the Christian school girl that Gary "told her" after Gary kicked her in the shin because she refused to have sex with him was horrific. Please, please, please, if you cannot respect women, do not include them in your story. The first few chapters were awesome, and although you claim that your writing has 'changed for the better', I only see it taking giant leaps backward.

I'm sorry if this seems like a flame, I really wish I could say more nice things about these new chapters. But part of this site's purpose is to give constructive critisism and no one else seems to be willing to provide it (save one person about a year ago), so I'll continue.

I know that this was written over a long period of time, but in the story I doubt if even a couple weeks have passed, and Stanley and Marcus' relationship seems to have sprung out of nowhere. Yes, it's really sweet and I was rooting for them to become more friendly earlier in the story, but it went from 'their only connection is through Adam, and even that's shakey' to 'shy, awkward blushing and holding hands'. This is especially strange since Marcus was the one that disliked homosexuality the most, and there was no REAL coming to terms with it. It's like he woke up gay after he rescued Leslie, and that's how he gets over his homophobia.

And the truest sign that your writing has declined is Lynn. She's the biggest strawman I've ever seen. She's a joke character, purely satire, in a mostly serious story. There's hardly every a time when such a stereotype is called for in a minor character, much less a major side character. She was written purely to enrage the reader, which is a sign of poor writing.

Also, the fact that everyone seems to be rooting for Gary to mend his ways and accept homosexuality is appalling. It's as if agreeing to tolerate Tommy and Adam's relationship would erase all the horrible things he's done to everyone else in this story, gay or no. He's a strawman too, but he's being played straight and everybody's willing to forgive him for it. Would everybody be able to forgive Lynn for everything that's wrong with her if she admitted that she could 'tolerate' black people? No? Well, that's what your doing with Gary. Except it's worse, because although Lynn hurt people with her ignorance and arrogance, she never laid a hand on anybody - she was just a bitch. Still, it's okay to dislike Lynn but not Gary, apparantly.

Well, that's my two cents. Like I said earlier, though - I really did love the beginning of this. I felt so bad for Adam, and was so happy when he and Tommy finally got together. The buildup was awesome. But the recent chapters are very disappointing. It's been about two years since you've last updated. I hope that if you do decide to continue, your writing will have matured as well.
anushca chapter 21 . 11/17/2009
I hope you'll continue this story. I liked reading it. Even with all the surrealistic situations- they made me laugh though, but the characters do have something about them. I so wish to see what more!

Thanks for sharing your stories.
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 21 . 10/20/2009
this is the most wicked story i've ever read!

the catholic school was hilarious xD and how marcus accused ronald of being a cheater, lol. though the ashley part made me feel a bit disgusted /

anyways, thank you for a crazy story
NoAhDorable chapter 12 . 9/11/2009
This is amazing!
Emobunny chapter 21 . 6/17/2009
I love this story very much! I always read it over and over again, but I just wish you would finish it. It's a lovely story and I would like to see what would happen to all of the boys especially Tommy, Adam, and Gary. I would gladly appreciate it if you would finish it. Rocking story!
CrimsonAkatsukiCloud chapter 21 . 4/21/2009
I'm so in love with this story! Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Iconic chapter 21 . 2/9/2009
This stiry is simply wonderful. I think its a well written, original piece and was very entertaining. I can definatly see how you've grown as a writter; the latter chapters have a different...aura (?) to them than the begining. I always love the bully/victim romances. They are always so much fun to read! Each of your characters are so well developed and the plot is very interesting. At this point, I don't know weather to love or hate Gary; He is a complete ass but at the same time he's hilarious! The romance between Stanley and Marcus is absolutly adorabel! I hope you continue with this story, I really want to see where it goes and how it works out for everybody. ;)
274 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »