Reviews for What Do the Doves Say?
Simple Servant chapter 1 . 5/25/2006
I just moved into an apartment, and each morning I always hear the birds conversing outside my bedroom window (though I would doubt any of them are doves). I actually caught myself wondering this morning what they were discussing, which prompted me to read your poem here. Anyway, enough with my excuse for reading your poem, because the poem itself more than rewarded my curiousity. While you didn't present scientific research detailing exactly what kinds of things birds would usually communicate about (which I am sort of relieved you didn't do) you hinted at more questions of what they might be saying, winding the poetic thought further...keeping it interesting by not answering the quesion, but leaving more questions. Another thing that I liked was the fact that you didn't feel the need to create a rhyme scheme in this poem, but insead worked "outside the box" and took it on freestyle, tying beautiful "poem sounding" words at the end of each line and in between. Overall, great job, and keep up the poetic work!
Edraith chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
Beautifully expressed, and a nice idea to ponder about what the doves might say, not everyone would think of that. ;-)
Crazy Biene chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
Interesting... very interesting. I am kind of stingy with compliments sometimes, but I must say this got through to me. It was different,yet appealing. Savvy?
Rigalphantisi911 chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
very nice. I like the structure of this one and the was it ends with a question. Good job!
my-vision chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
wow! that's so beautiful! you have such a wonderful way with the words you intermingle - "whispering the night-gossip/in tones of grey and blue." AMAZING! can i quote you on this? :-D